TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › The world will END this Saturday!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The world will END this Saturday!

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
OK, probably not...but given the feelings for Dick Cheney, I just thought I would warn y'all.

President Bush temporarily will transfer power to Vice President Dick Cheney while Bush has a colonoscopy Saturday.

(Breaking news on CNN.com)
post #2 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
OK, probably not...but given the feelings for Dick Cheney, I just thought I would warn y'all.

President Bush temporarily will transfer power to Vice President Dick Cheney while Bush has a colonoscopy Saturday.

(Breaking news on CNN.com)
Oh dear... lets pray that colonoscopy goes very very well.
post #3 of 19
sounds like a pain in the butt... err, i think i should go to bed.
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
sounds like a pain in the butt... err, i think i should go to bed.
Or neck
post #5 of 19
Anyone know why Bush is having it done? Despite being quite a big meat eater (apparently George's favourite food is cheeseburger pizza ) he is very fit and has been identified as an extremely good mountain-biker so I'm suprised to hear this

It's only day surgery so I wouldn't stress it
post #6 of 19
Question - is it really going to be different? I thought he already ran the executive branch.
post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentNate View Post
Anyone know why Bush is having it done? Despite being quite a big meat eater (apparently George's favourite food is cheeseburger pizza ) he is very fit and has been identified as an extremely good mountain-biker so I'm suprised to hear this

It's only day surgery so I wouldn't stress it
They aren't releasing much info, but it appears to be a routine thing. He had one done 2 years ago and didn't find any irregularities.
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
They aren't releasing much info, but it appears to be a routine thing. He had one done 2 years ago and didn't find any irregularities.
Hmmm... I'm meant to get this done every three to six years as there is a history of colon cancer in my family, I guess the Bush family are the same
post #9 of 19
Didn't Cheney say he wasn't part of the executive branch?

Couldn't Bush get an appointment during his month's vacation next month?
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiecusion View Post
Couldn't Bush get an appointment during his month's vacation next month?
Even during vacay he is still the president-- anytime the President goes under anesthesia he hands over power. Cheney won't do anything, unless there is an emergency. The only reason they do this is in case we are invaded, they need the President to be able to declare war and order the defense, he doesn't get to sign or veto or do anything as President unless it is absolutely necessary.
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb View Post
President Bush temporarily will transfer power to Vice President Dick Cheney while Bush has a colonoscopy Saturday.
I'm going to be completely crass here: send Cheney more bacon!!

For the first time ever, I will send Bush some surgery vibes.
post #12 of 19
Yeah, even I will send surgery vibes for Bush. God help us if Cheney were to become President.

I do think that men in their 50's and up are supposed to get those colonosocpies every 2 years or so. I think it's just routine.
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentNate View Post
Anyone know why Bush is having it done? Despite being quite a big meat eater (apparently George's favourite food is cheeseburger pizza ) he is very fit and has been identified as an extremely good mountain-biker so I'm suprised to hear this

It's only day surgery so I wouldn't stress it
all old people shoudl have it done, every few years.
just wait it will be your turn soon
post #14 of 19
Once every five years over age fifty has been the standard recommendation; however when I had mine done a few years ago, the doctor said that the new recommendation now is once every 10 years (unless there's some risk factor to justify more frequent exams)

You suppose Cheney's gonna have his finger on the button tomorrow?
post #15 of 19
Yay! If the world ends, I don't have to go camping!
post #16 of 19
Guess what - its now Monday morning and all is well
post #17 of 19
He did end up having polyps removed. Much as I hate his policies and administration, I would have nothing against him if he weren't in a position of so much power. So hopefully it is nothing serious, I don't think we could handle much more instability.
post #18 of 19
I've had two of these done in less than a year, I've got ole Dubya beat!
post #19 of 19
blah, it did not work and i am still here.
guess that means i have to go to work in a few hours.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › The world will END this Saturday!