A never ending day!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will this day never end?

It hasn't been bad, just really long. It feels like it should be home time already and I am just hitting lunch.

I only have today and Monday left at work before I am off on surgery so I don't want to start any work that is going to take more then a day to complete. Unfortunately, most of my work involves me calling people, trying to reach them over a week to 2 week period. I can't start something and leave it in my workload until I get back, as it is unfair for clients to have to wait that long.

So here I am, on TCS trying to waste time......someone please help amuse me!!

How is your day going?

Maybe I'll take an extended lunch period.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ive been having a rough day today.

First off I didnt get any sleep last night just when I got off TCS last night Ari woke up screaming. She kept me up till 3 this morning.

Once I got her calmed down and back to sleep I had a really bad head ache and I couldnt sleep. I kept waking up.

My alarm went off at 7. I got up and discovered Hickory sick in the foster kitten cage. He'd thrown up had the runs and just wasnt acting right. So I fed everyone in a hurry rushed Ari upstairs to the lady who watches her while Im at worked.

On the way to the vets with Hickory I called the rescue cord. she asked if it was serious enough to take him to the vet. I said yes it was. So hes currently at the vets and Im worried about him.

I get to work and nobody is there. I got here about 10 minutes late thinking I was gonna be in big doodoo. But no one else was here. Finally someone else showed up 30 minutes late. People were waiting to get in and niether one of us had keys. Couldnt get ahold of our boss. Finally did and once he finally showed up we finally got to go in.

One of the rescue dogs that lives there had thrown up all over his crate. So I got delegated into cleaning it up.
Then I finally came back here to do my job and somehow the lady who covered for me yesterday deleted all the info that Ive been working on. So now Im playing around until my boss gets back with the backup stuff. But hes been gone for over an hour. So Im playing on here.

I go to lunch in an hour and Im gonna run down to the vets see how my little Hickory is doing.

So my day seems like it will never end either. But doesnt my day make your day seem much better. LOL

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been having an "ok" day today. It's been pretty much a horrible week for me. It started out last Saturday when we had to stay out of the house all day so John's mom could bug bomb the house. I was sooooo tired from standing up and doing stuff all day and my legs hurt like crazy. Woke up Sunday morning with sore wisdom teeth. I forget now which day it was (either Sunday or Monday) I got stung on my tongue by a wasp. The teeth started feeling better on Wednesday but Wednesday and Thursday I was having awful stomach problems, which I found out last night was caused by my "time of the month" starting a week early... so today I'm dealing with awful cramps. BUT, I know I'll be feeling better by tomorrow and the weather is perfect today and will continue to be for the rest of the weekend... 70s and sunny after several days of 90s, muggy, and severe storms.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

So my day seems like it will never end either. But doesnt my day make your day seem much better. LOL
Umm yup....is Ari teething? If so get some Camillia for her - works great!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Umm yup....is Ari teething? If so get some Camillia for her - works great!
I think she might be but Im not sure. Ive never dealt with a teething baby before. Shes 4 months old. Do they start teething then?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Adrienne, how are you feeling? The surgery is almost here.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

I think she might be but Im not sure. Ive never dealt with a teething baby before. Shes 4 months old. Do they start teething then?
It can start that early or it can be "pre-teething". The Camillia is a homeopathic remedy that helps calm the babies even if it isn't teething related. I am able to get it in the herbal section of Walmart. It is made by a company called Boiron.

Originally Posted by katachtig

Adrienne, how are you feeling? The surgery is almost here.
Thanks for asking - I have actually been feeling not too bad lately. it seems now that surgery is approaching, my gall bladder is trying to lull me into thinking everything is ok so that I don't yank it out. I won't complain about a drop in my pain levels!

Had a nice walk at lunch. I took an hour, even though I am only supposed to get 30 minutes. Shouldn't have walked by the DQ - I bought a Peanut Buster parfait - yum!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I've been having an "ok" day today. It's been pretty much a horrible week for me. It started out last Saturday when we had to stay out of the house all day so John's mom could bug bomb the house. I was sooooo tired from standing up and doing stuff all day and my legs hurt like crazy. Woke up Sunday morning with sore wisdom teeth. I forget now which day it was (either Sunday or Monday) I got stung on my tongue by a wasp. The teeth started feeling better on Wednesday but Wednesday and Thursday I was having awful stomach problems, which I found out last night was caused by my "time of the month" starting a week early... so today I'm dealing with awful cramps. BUT, I know I'll be feeling better by tomorrow and the weather is perfect today and will continue to be for the rest of the weekend... 70s and sunny after several days of 90s, muggy, and severe storms.
Sorry your week has been so crappy (and crampy)!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, took a 30 minute break to finish reading my book "Long Hot Summoning" by Tanya Huff. 3rd in a series with cats as some of the main, talking characters.

Cleared a few more files, sent a few PMs and still 30 minutes to kill to home time!