The party just started!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Woooo! It's just a few minutes till it's 1 am and the neighbors have just now turned the music up! THEY ARE LATE!

Last night it was up at about 9 or 10 and didn't stop till about 4 am. I can hear it over the music I have playing in here. Oh the joys of this neighborhood.
DH slept with ear plugs in last night. We could complain of course! Been there done that. Sometimes I really think I should have become an ear doctor, so I can get rich off all these people with hearing damage from being sooo cool that they had to blast their music. Or I'd like to invent a remote control that I could point to their stereo and change either the volume or maybe the station! I mean if I'm gonna have to listen to their muisc, why can't it be something I like?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Will someone please explain to me why, while standing by the stove in my kitchen, I heard the noise that sounds distinctly like someone having an orgasm while outdoors.
They sure didn't sound like they were in pain....

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh god....... I hate neighbors like this!!!!!!!!

I heard the noise that sounds distinctly like someone having an orgasm while outdoors.
Well hopefully, someone was just joking around.......... lol I guess that wouldn't be much better.

Oh dear. It's only Thursday, if it keeps up, you really need to say something about it. There are noise laws here in Massachusetts that you can't be loud and disruptive past 10pm.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well if they were for real it wasn't a very good one...didn't last too long!

I'm pretty sure we have noise laws here, it's just one of those areas here where very few people care about obeying laws like that. We've been dealing with this since DH moved in here. Hopefully by next Summer we will be in a house house!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes.....you don't want quiet to sleep do you?

If they keep it up - call the cops about a noise disturbance. If you rent - and they do also - talk to the management.

Good luck.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad my new apartment is a townhouse so no neighbors above me tromping across the floor like a herd of buffalo all night long!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaniMarie

There are noise laws here in Massachusetts that you can't be loud and disruptive past 10pm.
And thank heaven for THAT!

I'd be ready to kill people a la the Terminator if I was forced to listen to a neighbors music after 10 p.m.!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad we just moved into a house

By any chance have you tried going over and talking to the people? Of course, I would never go alone... bring DH with or just send him!

IF it was MY party and it got a little out of control.. I would personally rather have my neighbor let me know that I'm being a bit loud than have a cop show up at my door! If a neighbor just came and told me "Hey, do you mind toning it down a bit.. I'm trying to get some sleep" I would have no problem with that! But, maybe, you've already tried this step?

Good luck with those neighbors!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are a lot of drug addicts and alcoholics around here. I would never let DH even go over to these peoples places. You just never know how they will react. The way these people party sometimes, I just can't see them having it together. Maybe that's stereotypical, but what else is there to think?

Part of me has gotten used to the noise here. I mean yeah, when my dishes hanging on the walls are vibrating it's a little more than annoying, but the regular partying (which seems to come and go in spurts) sometimes it's just routine. Granted a routine I'd rather not have, but still. I'm just wishing away the time till we can buy our house.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I'd like to invent a remote control that I could point to their stereo and change either the volume or maybe the station!
Remote control, heck -- whip out a phaser and disintegrate the thing!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well I didn't want to get that violent, but I guess that would work too!
So far tonight it's quiet out. A car just drove by with their music up, but not nearly as bad as others around here, plus it just drove by.