Tammy Faye Messner...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know where to post this, so I thought the Lounge would be the best spot. As I was flipping channels tonight I stopped on CNN. Larry King was on. The first moment I looked at it I thought, "Who's that horrible drag queen playing Tammy Faye?"

Then I realized she was really sick and dieing of cancer. Love her or hate her she's always been a cultural icon. I hope that her family and friends gather around her and help her pass with grace and dignity.

Please keep this woman in your thoughts and prayers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I saw that earlier too, she has been sick a while
She's always been so positive, and it was wonderful to see her again. I don't think she has much time left.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, that is *SO* sad!!!! I had no idea....

Honestly, I'm not a very religious person but I absolutely love her outlook on life and love.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never cared for her personally, but I always envied her attitude.
She just doesn't look or sound like the same person

I hope her cancer miraculously goes into remission, barring that, I hope her passing is swift and painless.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so so sad! 2 of my friend's lost their Mom's to cancer (I knew both of their mothers well) and it is just an awful way to die. Maybe this is just her time to go home.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I programmed the tv to turn it on and I'm watching it now.

I've never been a fan of hers, but like you said, the woman has cancer and is being very stoic, brave and facing her death with a grace that can only be admired. You can't help but admire her courage and attitude.

I suspect that is the last live interview that we'll ever see of her.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Global, yes... I say that so often, "I hate cancer," as if it were an entity... which I guess is probably how it feels to people stricken with it. If there is an embodiment of evil in this world, cancer is surely it.

Tammy Faye made a lot of mistakes, but for some reason, I've always thought she was sincere in her faith... misguided, but sincere. And for that she gets tremendous credit. May she have a peaceful passing, and may she find the heaven she hopes for.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw her on TV last night and was shocked, needless to say. I hope everything goes well for her and her family.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So she passed away the day after she did the interview. I wonder what prompted her to do the interview.

RIP Tammy

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

So she passed away the day after she did the interview. I wonder what prompted her to do the interview.

RIP Tammy
I wonder if she had some help crossing over.