I stand corrected

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was not stun by wasps. I was instead stung by hornets!!
I was researching them on the web after getting a quote for $85 to remove the nest from my clients tree!! Hornets are the creatures that build the large gray nests. Paper wasps build the umbrella shaped nests under eaves, peaks of roofs etc.

I guess it doesn't matter the stings still hurt whatever one does it!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you're so brave!! I would have freaked if I got stung.

At least you know you're not allergic to them

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OUCH OUCH OUCH!! I havent ever been stung by anything(thank goodness) but I hear it hurts!!!

I hope your recovering from the nasty boogers that did that to you!!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh well. There are way too many insects in Wisconsin to differentiate from! I've gotten a few confused myself!

It still buzzes around your head and stings!

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hornets are the creatures that build the large gray nests. Paper wasps build the umbrella shaped nests under eaves, peaks of roofs etc.
Good to know!!! We have two hornet nests outside of our INDOOR entrance. I keep telling my hubby to do something about it before one of us gets stung!!!!!

I hope your sting feels better, I'm a baby and would not be taking it so well!!!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dont ya just love em???lol

we have the giant wood boring hornets. they are 3 inches long, and sound like a 747 coming in for a landing. I killed one with a bottle of bug killer. i wanted to check it cause at the time i didnt know what it was. its stinger was a INCH LONG!! OMG. i was GLAD that didnt touch me, i would been PISSED,lol

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heres a picture of one of the bee's/wasps over here that I mentioned in your other thread. Its not good quality and I could only take that 1 coz my battery decided it would die right when I don't want it to.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

Heres a picture of one of the bee's/wasps over here that I mentioned in your other thread. Its not good quality and I could only take that 1 coz my battery decided it would die right when I don't want it to.
Eeeeeek!!!! Those things scare me so much!!!!!

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would have mattered nawt to me, as I'm allergic to both wasps and white-faced hornets (not sure what the difference is w/white-faced hornets and others, but there ya go) I do know, however, that hornets make the large "beehive" like paper nests, as my father used to use them (the nests) as wadding for his muzzle-loader!