How do you arrange your sock drawer?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Odd question maybe but I'm in need of advice!

I just went through my drawer and couldn't believe some of the things I found in there! (like undies I haven't seen or worn since junior high!
) So I'd like to keep it more organized if I can. But I'm in need of suggestions.

So far I 'rolled' all my undies and organized socks in to matches and then categories like work socks, short socks, long socks, no show socks, Holiday socks, icky mess around the yard socks, etc. But now what! It looks great laying out all over the bed! Oh my undies have categories too. Should I try to look for some type of divider or little baskets? And if I try baskets, how do I put them in there? Rolled, folded and stacked, or something else?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I store my summer/winter socks each season. For the current ones I have an apparatus made of plastic that has diamond shaped holes (picture a tic-tac-toe board slightly off-kilter to form diamonds instead of squares). One pair of socks fits into each hole and the thing holds about 20 pairs of socks. It just sits on the bottom of the drawer and I put each pair into a hole. Keeps the drawer neat and the socks are easily assessible when wanted.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two smaller drawers in the top row of my dresser. One drawer is white socks, the other is black.

Very simple system.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I have two smaller drawers in the top row of my dresser. One drawer is white socks, the other is black.

Very simple system.

I just keep them all in one drawer, rolled with nothing else in that drawer and pick out what I want to wear, as needed.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i keep my socks in a clothes basket in the middle of my bedroom floor...

I arrange them by color and I fold them in half, they are small considering I buy girls socks mostly because I have small feet. I have about 25 pairs of cat socks too

mrjonah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Arrange?

Heck, for that matter...

Sock drawer?

I have 2 small bins - 1 for underwear, 1 for socks. They get folded and put it - that's it. Works for me and I've never had a second thought about it.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I match socks when I take them out of the dryer and fold the cuffs over so they stay together. Other than that, all socks and underthings are thrown into one drawer!

The key, for me, is to make sure that it is all stuff I actually wear. As soon as there's a hole or if it's uncomfortable, I trash it, so the drawer is never crowded.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i keep my socks in a clothes basket in the middle of my bedroom floor...
We do that too! I've been leaving Scott's socks though as I don't wear socks in the summer!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Arrange? I more or less match up socks when I take them out of the dryer, dump my husband's on his side of the bed for him to put away in his drawer, and shove mine into a laundry bag kept in the bottom of my closet.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just roll pairs together and throw them in the drawer. No arranging, although I probably should have two categories: Socks with holes and Socks without holes

Of course, Reeses sometimes helps me get a bit more organized.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just have my underwear all the way to the left, bras I dont wear often in the middle, and socks all the way to the right...

when my stuff actually makes it from the clean laundry basket to the drawers...

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John and I are down to about 3 pairs of socks total... not a clue what happened to them all, we bought three packages a couple months ago and gradually they've all vanished. One of life's great mysteries I suppose.

When we do have socks, I roll them and just throw them in my underwear drawer. There's not much organization but they're all in one drawer at least.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

John and I are down to about 3 pairs of socks total... not a clue what happened to them all, we bought three packages a couple months ago and gradually they've all vanished. One of life's great mysteries I suppose.
Here's your answer

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Very simple system.

Originally Posted by Pami

I just keep them all in one drawer, rolled with nothing else in that drawer and pick out what I want to wear, as needed.
Yip me too. I roll them up and shove them in their drawer.
I thought about getting an IKEA divider like Linda was talking about, but I have way too many socks to fit.
Socks and undies are my fetishes.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait, you're supposed to arrange it?

I don't really arrange mine except that the socks I only wear for special occasions tend to get pushed way in the back due to the socks I actually wear being put in the front of the drawer... Oh and I do match the socks before I put them in, that's about the extent of my arranging!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't.
Everything is just thrown into the "gitch drawer."