Cosmo's Visit to the Vets...or Big Mo Takes Over!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it is official, Cosmo is a big baby!
Cosmo (from Celestialrags) made his first visit to the "new" vet. Of course, since Ragdolls are "quiet" cats, he never shut up for the whole trip!
And he wanted NOTHING to do with his little carrier - for the next visit I will either need to lug the big plastic carrier or buy a smaller one - he pretty much scratched the inside out of his new "cardboard" carrier!
Everyone loved him at the vets - they don't see too many Ragdolls. And were amazed to discover that he was just 16 weeks old! Why? Because he weighs in at a hefty 5 pounds! I guess a 4 month old kitten is usually in the 4 pound range....but he wasn't "fat", just "big boned"!
He was equally vocal on the trip home. Mollie welcomed him with a few butt sniffs, Sophie used the "vet smell" as an excuse to hiss at him. Gee, she was being so good about that! Here is another picture of my sweet baby (
) boy...

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somalis are suppose to be quiet cats too and Kingston sings like a Siamese.

pamalajane

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like an interesting trip. My big boy is also called Cosmo. I had never known of another Cosmo until I selected that name. Now I have learned it is not such an uncommon name for kitties. Here is my big Cosmo.

brightstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

I guess a 4 month old kitten is usually in the 4 pound range...
My Louie is 5 pounds at 12 weeks and I thought he was small... well hereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s to big cats. ( Well maybe a big cat in my case)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pamalajane

It sounds like an interesting trip. My big boy is also called Cosmo. I had never known of another Cosmo until I selected that name. Now I have learned it is not such an uncommon name for kitties. Here is my big Cosmo.
You have a very beautiful and regal Cosmo!
I actually fell in love with the name when one of Foster moms had something like 16 kittens - 3 litters - and one of the litters was the "flower" litter!
Of course her little Cosmo was adorable, too!
And yes, you have a "big" boy too!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by brightstar

My Louie is 5 pounds at 12 weeks and I thought he was small... well hereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s to big cats. ( Well maybe a big cat in my case)
OMG! Your baby is too sweet for words!
What a sweetheart - I just love black cats! In fact, I am still adjusting to seeing light cat hair around the house!

Welcome to TCS and enjoy!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe, how sweet! What a big boy!
Ya know, I am not sure why or where the story got started that ragdolls are quiet, mine aren't, LOL! I wonder if they meant quiet like relaxed, gentle and calm cats, not that they are not vocal?
mine are always vocal, Icey makes more noise then 10 cats, she is always chirping purting and other wise carrying on some conversation with you. They are vocal but don't have the shrill yowl like the siamese are known for so mabey that is why they are said to be quiet, they do have a softer voice but they do have a voice and they do use them, LOL!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Awe, how sweet! What a big boy!
Ya know, I am not sure why or where the story got started that ragdolls are quiet, mine aren't, LOL! I wonder if they meant quiet like relaxed, gentle and calm cats, not that they are not vocal?
mine are always vocal, Icey makes more noise then 10 cats, she is always chirping purting and other wise carrying on some conversation with you. They are vocal but don't have the shrill yowl like the siamese are known for so mabey that is why they are said to be quiet, they do have a softer voice but they do have a voice and they do use them, LOL!
Smudgie is VERY quiet. I'll bet I can count on two hands the number of times he has meowed in a year! So when he has something to say, I have to listen, cause it must be important!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Smudgie is VERY quiet. I'll bet I can count on two hands the number of times he has meowed in a year! So when he has something to say, I have to listen, cause it must be important!
That is interesting, one of my boys is quiet and the other is a big mouth!
They both have the same parents just from different litters. I wonder how the other kittens from smudges litter are and the rest from cosmos litter. I know cosmo's brother and sister meowed a lot, any time they couldn't find each other or me, they had soft meows though.
I think Yuki is less vocal as well. Ares has passed but he was more on the vocal side I think. I can't bring myself to talk with his owners that allowed him to get killed, so I will never ask about it. I wonder if Chance is vocal or not?

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Raggies are all vocal, and it doesn't have anything to do with hormones either...LOL Our 7 year old Toulouse, was neutered early, and he carries on full conversations with us, they are quiet chirps and trills. Some are louder than others, but they ALL talk!! I see on many sites for Ragdolls, that they are known as quiet, HA. I also see some still say they don't shed, and to that I have a double HA.

Most of our babies are talkers too, and stay that way, but they say they are quiet chirps as well. A Ragdoll in heat, sounds like a siren going off.
Most are at a normal level, but one of my girls, I swear they can hear her a mile away.

Cosmo seems to be coming a more common name, and my guess it is from the cartoon, The Fairly Odd Parents, where Cosmo and Wanda are fairy Godparents. I have 2 kids, so I watch these things too.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FamilytimeRags

My Raggies are all vocal, and it doesn't have anything to do with hormones either...LOL Our 7 year old Toulouse, was neutered early, and he carries on full conversations with us, they are quiet chirps and trills. Some are louder than others, but they ALL talk!! I see on many sites for Ragdolls, that they are known as quiet, HA. I also see some still say they don't shed, and to that I have a double HA.

Most of our babies are talkers too, and stay that way, but they say they are quiet chirps as well. A Ragdoll in heat, sounds like a siren going off.
Most are at a normal level, but one of my girls, I swear they can hear her a mile away.

Cosmo seems to be coming a more common name, and my guess it is from the cartoon, The Fairly Odd Parents, where Cosmo and Wanda are fairy Godparents. I have 2 kids, so I watch these things too.
LOL at you, Stormi!
Actually Smudge doesn't shed either.

Aha! That's where I've heard Cosmo recently. Yes, I watch those too. Sigh

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm, and I thought Cosmo was just a flower - and a really old movie and TV show - Topper - about a man named Cosmo Topper who saw ghosts!
Cosmo cries when he wants attention or can't figure out where we all went - meaning, me, Sophie and Mollie! As soon as I hears my voice, he comes running! And of course, as soon as I come home from work he figures if he cries long enough, and loud enough, he will get fed faster and first! I think that he really does still miss his "family" and can't figure out where everyone is! I haven't had shedding issues yet - but I just can't stop stroking his beautifully soft "bunny" fur - I have never felt anything softer in my life - well, I did stroke a chinchilla, once, that was very soft as well. I love my little boy and his crazy kitten shenanigans - he always puts a smile on my face, a laugh in my throat and a soft spot in my heart!