Trapped kitten set onfire by girls fights for his life

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070719/.../cat_burning_6
Poor kitty Adam - he is a feral kitten who was trapped in a TNR program and while in the trap outside an apt., two teenage girls threw lighter fluid on him & lit it
Thank GOD an 11yo boy heard the screams & got help....I ask that you all PLEASE send prayers & vibes out to this poor kitty. Hopefully, the other missing, trapped kittens are okay...one can only hope & pray
OMG----- how utterly disgusting & sick can people be
Can you imagine if these girls have BABIES....what kind of moms would they be?

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!! What is going on with these teenage kids lately?? Is this some sort of sick way to show their friends how horrible they are? Poor little kitten....this is just horrible...absolutely sick!!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awful, that poor little baby.

The 11 year old boy has more sense in his little finger than those girls put together have in their entire bodies.

ashlie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is absolutely horrid. They should be lit on fire themselves.
This really just makes me sick to my stomach. I really hope that they never have kids.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that is just awful, this poor little baby will be in my thoughts, that boy deserves a medal! and those girls deserve a swift kick in the pants....off a cliff!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just will never understand such things. Thank God for that decent little boy who came along in time.
Poor Adam. I pray that his life is a good one from now on.

prettyboy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
this is so sick and sad !!!

i constantly tell people they must never leave a trap unattended.

i repeat myself constantly and i know half of them look at me like
i so over react to what might happen.

well..... this is exactly why you never ever leave a trap unattended.

whats also sad about this town is if you read the article a 16 year old
boy was killed last year and the people are saying that this got more
attention than that did ??!!! thats also sick and sad imo.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People can be so heartless, selfish, and just outright cruel. That 11 yo has more compassion than those girls will ever have. I think we should throw lighter fluid on the girls and burn them and see how they feel about it. I hope they are put in a detention center for long time and banned from owning any animals.

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG! I'm with Taterbug on this...what is going on with these teenagers lately??? It's sickening how many cruelty things have happened just in the past few days.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the sentiment of not knowing what the hell is wrong with kids these days...is it how they were raised or something outside of what the parents instilled in them?

There was a similar case on the local news a few weeks ago of someone who lit a cat on fire and threw it through someones window

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know which shocks me more. This or the post I just read about someone having their kitten declawed and wondering why he is not doing so well.

It's taking all the strength I can muster to keep from going off on the person.

I know I shouldn't even be posting this but I just feel so bad for that baby it making me cry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THANK YOU ALL FOR KIND THOUGHTS AND UNDERSTANDING.... I have been such a wreck since I'd read the article; I am so very GRATEFUL that you wonderful people are out there to send your "TCS magic" to those poor, burned kitties - in my heart of hearts I know that it will help those babies. If only the REST of the world would follow TCS' example

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A similar atrocity was reported on our local news this past week (someone tied a dog to a tree and doused him with gasoline and set him on fire...the poor guy died
).

I think someone else on TCS said this before, but there has to be a special place in h#ll for people who are this depraved.

prettyboy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

This just happened in the city I work in! http://www.kcentv.com/news/local-art....php?nid=13528
in this article it says.............

"The Massachusetts SPCA did research and found people
who abuse animals are five times more likely to commit
violent crimes against humans."

the more they start to link animal abuse and crimes to crimes against
humans the more animal crimes will start to be recoginized as a horrible
crime.

its too bad that it can't just be seen as a horrific criime on its own with
all people but unfortunately its not.

i am actually thankful that there has been more and more publicity
stating that people who commit these animal crimes are just practicing
up so that they can commit violent crimes against children and people.

thats making more people and the justice system take a closer look at
punishing these people and putting them away.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Words cant even describe how I am feeling right now!!!

And for young girls to do that?!?
WTH??

I will keep that poor baby kitty in my prayers. And hope he has a safe recovery, bless his heart!!

shakadaka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It disgusts me, it is flamming horrible, every damn day it seems some heartless, weak, pathetic human is trying too be a BIG man , ( or girl ) by picking on the weak. I, as you all...wish alot more than some tedious jail time on these vermon, they will never see the rainbow bridge or heaven or which ever one believes, they will see but an eternity of redemption, followed by the pits of hell
a while ago...a Bull Masitff dog was found hung...he was but bones and not ONLY did he starve almost too death on this earth, but was swiftly hung too a tree too die
How and Why ???? it was the worst case the SPCA have seen here. I don't know why or how, but I do know if I was ever lucky enough too BE there when these horrific things occur....... oh it would be a very different turn out I can assure you, I would have new furbabies at home with me !
and we would be less 1 arrogant, horrible, nasty pathetic, waste of space human on this earth. Bless you darling furkitties, get well soon, prayers that you find loving homes soon