second life!

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I searched and searched to see if there were any posts about second life.couldnt find any.I just wondered who ou TCS is into it.Are you new or have you been there since the begining?
Perhaps there is a cat world in there already

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its a sim virtual reality game whcih has real live on line users in a virtual world-not describing this well.But its an entire live community-shops,its own currency,
so as its name says you have this secondlife.re create yrself.be someth yr not in real life.different job,build a house on an island etc

Its really quite clever.

If yr interested google it and check it out

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm fascinated by it -- went there and joined, chose my name, everything... then found that it's just impossible to do it with only a 56k modem. So that's on hold for me until I can get highspeed internet...

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I'm fascinated by it -- went there and joined, chose my name, everything... then found that it's just impossible to do it with only a 56k modem. So that's on hold for me until I can get highspeed internet...
ha ha yes I have wireless and yr doing stuff there and then nothing so it can be quite frustrating.But it is fascinating and worth checking out.

Re Swampwitch.Thanks!!
Nah been travelling alot and very little time for myself.so when I get a chance i tend to check in here and SL...the little pleasures of life

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I thought it was related to this life - not a game on the pc ....
well its more of an online life rather than a game.You are another person there and exist in the same way buying things getting a job but the difference is say to a SIMS game is its endless and what you make of it.The possibilities are endless.

You can see an intro to it if you type in intro to second life in u tube

insane crazy stuff

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought you were talking about reincarnation!
I've heard of the game, but I also heard if you buy property or build a house, you have to spend real money. Is that true? I also heard you can give yourself special powers like flying. Maybe I'm confusing it with another game....

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
no u dont have to use real money but you can if you want.some people are and theyr buying alot of property , waiting for prices to rise and then selling at a premium.

u can fly all the time-its sooo good

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chromodactyl

no u dont have to use real money but you can if you want.some people are and theyr buying alot of property , waiting for prices to rise and then selling at a premium.

u can fly all the time-its sooo good
Now, if you use real money to buy property, then sell, do you get real money in return?

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im not sure,pretty new to it myself but thats a damn good question