What do you think of this food?

jasmine-79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The honest kitchen claims to put out a very high quality product, I've got samples on the way
! It's ultimately up to the kitties whether they'll eat something or not. Email them and ask if they could send you a sample to try before you purchase it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
BUY a good wet food.... Supposed RAW with potato and yams ? UMM NOT here... Sorry this is one I stear clear of ..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ordered a sample. After all it's only a dollar. It's not much different from feeding Evo which has potatoes and stuff in it. I'm glad I was able to order a sample for only a dollar in case my cats turn up their noses at it which they probably will. But we'll see.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the highest respect for this company, and received a sample. I could not get my test cat to eat this well, and ended up giving it to a friend. She was able to get her cat to eat it and it cleared up his skin issues and has helped with a urinary issue as well. Her vet feels it is due to the change in diet and approves of his being fed this.

Personally, I wish it didn't have all the veggies etc.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Personally, I wish it didn't have all the veggies etc.
Musch of quote edited

Ideally my thought ... if it is Raw dehydrate then it should be meat and bone and organs with a token veggie amount ... It looks like something a person using canned may like ... BUT CALLING it raw is like Innova saying Evo is next to raw..lmao.. off my soap box now

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I would be happier without the veggie content too. All of mine were willing to try it...I will say that.
Did they like it right away? I tried for a week...initial interest was great, then he ate less and less each day

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moggiegirl

I ordered a sample. After all it's only a dollar.
except shipping was over $5. i went there to order a sample, but i'm not paying $5 to ship something that only weighs an ounce - couldn't they just mail it in an envelope? i mean, c'mon!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

except shipping was over $5. i went there to order a sample, but i'm not paying $5 to ship something that only weighs an ounce - couldn't they just mail it in an envelope? i mean, c'mon!
5 $
Yikes are they overnighting it???

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
$5 shipping? Is it priceless and needs insurance or something?
I didn't care for the ingredients (the veggies) of the cat food, but I might try the dog food if my folks can get it locally in Seattle and just mail it to me.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I emailed the company and asked for a sample... they sent me two for dogs and two or three for cats I think... and they were free.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I emailed the company and asked for a sample... they sent me two for dogs and two or three for cats I think... and they were free.
ok, i'll have to try that.

ms.blackie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I puchased this at a quality private pet store in my area.
It was bust at my house. Would not eat it. It also
looks to veggie to me, not natural.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Did they like it right away? I tried for a week...initial interest was great, then he ate less and less each day
Honestly I suspect that would be the case here too.
I didn't push it...I've been in the middle of some other changes to the menu so I didn't need any more confusion.