Ta-ta for a while...

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, firstly I haven't been around much lately because I managed to kill our internet connection at home, and now I'll be gone for a little while because I'm having my surgery tomorrow.

I'm actually very anxious about it, which I didn't expect, and something else I didn't expect, is I feel quite attached to and possessive of my gallbladder, which I've never felt before!!
All of a sudden, I want it, it's mine, and I don't want anyone to take it off me!

I think that's probably nerves and by this time tomorrow I'll be gallbladder-free. And hopefully that also means pain-free from now on, too.

So I'll be thinking of you all, I'll finish off the Member Spotlight and pass it on this afternoon, and adios amigos!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

All of a sudden, I want it, it's mine, and I don't want anyone to take it off me!
that sounds like something i would say...
good luck i hope everything goes well and you are back in no time.

I will miss you(but dont tell anyone that)

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Luck
hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with the surgery Sarah - get better soon!
for a speedy recovery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone

Originally Posted by theimp98

that sounds like something i would say...
good luck i hope everything goes well and you are back in no time.

I will miss you(but dont tell anyone that)
LOL! I won't tell anyone. (I'll miss you, too)

Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Sarah i hope everything goes well in surgery and that your back here with us soon

Lots of healthy, healing to help you along
Susan, how much do I LOVE that vibes smiley??
It's brilliant!

Oh, and I love your new siggie, too

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, firstly I haven't been around much lately because I managed to kill our internet connection at home, and now I'll be gone for a little while because I'm having my surgery tomorrow.

I'm actually very anxious about it, which I didn't expect, and something else I didn't expect, is I feel quite attached to and possessive of my gallbladder, which I've never felt before!!

I think that's probably nerves and by this time tomorrow I'll be gallbladder-free. And hopefully that also means pain-free from now on, too.

So I'll be thinking of you all, I'll finish off the Member Spotlight and pass it on this afternoon, and adios amigos!!
My gall bladder surgery is Tuesday and as far as I am concerned they can take it and good riddance!

I hope that your surgery goes well. Sending vibes your way!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending many vibes to you that all goes well. Im sure you will feel much better when its all over.

LOL @ Bruce

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Take it easy Sarah! Hope the surgery goes well. Do you know the surgeons doing your op?

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, hello everyone! Here I am on the sofa bed, with the laptop and the new home wireless connection (that I just about killed myself setting up this afternoon...lol) and a couple of heat packs, and lots of good drugs

The surgery went smoothly and I woke up on Friday at about 10.00am feeling remarkably good. Had a croaky throat from the tubes etc but otherwise could not believe how good I felt. Went up to the ward, had some visitors, a nice nap and then dinner came.

Well, I sat up to eat, and was overcome with a wave of nausea that was so intense I had to grab my drip bag and rush (as fast as I could stagger!) to the loo to vomit. Luckily, I didn't, but it was all downhill from there. I only got out of hospital yesterday after three nights instead of one. The pain was so bad I really thought that they had left something inside me and was tempted to ask. I got the hiccups twice on the first night, and I tell you there is some agony right there.

Even now I can't stay on my feet and I am still eating painkillers like candy. My thighs are pincushions full of bruises from all the morphine and they also gave me twice-daily injections of Heparin to thin my blood. They were BIG needles and one shot didn't stop bleeding for 36 hours - I woke up covered in blood with low blood pressure and a temperature because, of course, the blood thinning was working TOO well and the wound wouldn't clot. I also spent the whole time in there with these sexy anti-embolism stockings on. Oh, not to mention that they pump you full of gas to blow up your tummy and mine STILL hasn't gone down. I look like I'm four months pregnant.

Yeah, you gotta know your partner loves you when you have killer breath, bird's nest hair, more punctures than a tyre shot up with an M16, bruises everywhere, stab wounds, thick white anti-DVT stockings, a big bloated belly and a temper ranging from weepy to delirious and he still offered to brush my hair for me to make me feel better

So, all-in-all, I'm sure it will get better, but it's been a horrible time so far and my heart goes out to adymarie who I think is going through it all today. They tell me I have another week of this before things start looking normal. We had to cancel our trip down south because I can't manage it but I'm back at work on Monday so things better be ok by then!

Anyway, sorry for the wussy outburst. Still feeling a bit sorry for myself, I guess. It's good to be back, though. I probably still won't be around much because I am doing a lot of sleeping, but wanted to drop in and touch base

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, hello everyone! Here I am on the sofa bed, with the laptop and the new home wireless connection (that I just about killed myself setting up this afternoon...lol) and a couple of heat packs, and lots of good drugs

The surgery went smoothly and I woke up on Friday at about 10.00am feeling remarkably good. Had a croaky throat from the tubes etc but otherwise could not believe how good I felt. Went up to the ward, had some visitors, a nice nap and then dinner came.

Well, I sat up to eat, and was overcome with a wave of nausea that was so intense I had to grab my drip bag and rush (as fast as I could stagger!) to the loo to vomit. Luckily, I didn't, but it was all downhill from there. I only got out of hospital yesterday after three nights instead of one. The pain was so bad I really thought that they had left something inside me and was tempted to ask. I got the hiccups twice on the first night, and I tell you there is some agony right there.

Even now I can't stay on my feet and I am still eating painkillers like candy. My thighs are pincushions full of bruises from all the morphine and they also gave me twice-daily injections of Heparin to thin my blood. They were BIG needles and one shot didn't stop bleeding for 36 hours - I woke up covered in blood with low blood pressure and a temperature because, of course, the blood thinning was working TOO well and the wound wouldn't clot. I also spent the whole time in there with these sexy anti-embolism stockings on. Oh, not to mention that they pump you full of gas to blow up your tummy and mine STILL hasn't gone down. I look like I'm four months pregnant.

Yeah, you gotta know your partner loves you when you have killer breath, bird's nest hair, more punctures than a tyre shot up with an M16, bruises everywhere, stab wounds, thick white anti-DVT stockings, a big bloated belly and a temper ranging from weepy to delirious and he still offered to brush my hair for me to make me feel better

So, all-in-all, I'm sure it will get better, but it's been a horrible time so far and my heart goes out to adymarie who I think is going through it all today. They tell me I have another week of this before things start looking normal. We had to cancel our trip down south because I can't manage it but I'm back at work on Monday so things better be ok by then!

Anyway, sorry for the wussy outburst. Still feeling a bit sorry for myself, I guess. It's good to be back, though. I probably still won't be around much because I am doing a lot of sleeping, but wanted to drop in and touch base
I am so glad that things went well for you!

BTW- DH thinks that ant-DVT stocking are sexy.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarah, I am sorry that you are having such a hard time with the post recovery. Yes, they blow up your belly like a balloon in order to see the gallbladder better to remove it, and most people have "gas" pains after. The nausea is from the anesthesia that is used during the surgery..it just takes time for all of it to subside. The pain well is self explained with all of the poke holes in you.

I am hoping that it will be uphill for you from now on, and that you will be back on your feet and feeling wonderful again soon. Take care of yourself, and know that we are all here for you...

More healing coming your way.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Monica

I knew what to expect in theory - I work for a surgeon - but in practice it's totally different!! My main problem with pain I think has been from the gas. I have an area in my right side, about halfway up my ribcage, that catches and pulls every time I take a breath in. That's why I had to stay in hospital so long - they couldn't understand it, and I have a history of collapsed lung and asthma, so they were a little worried about that pain. I still have it, every time I breathe, but at least I can push through it a little now.

My stab wounds aren't too tender except of course when I got home Ruby was so thrilled to see me she managed to plant a sharp-clawed paw with 70lbs of energetic weight behind it right slap-bang in my belly. Ohhhh I just crumpled to the floor when she did that - I was trying so hard not to moan and roll around like I'd been shot that I started giggling....which of course is just as painful!

Well, you can't say it wasn't a loving welcome home!