Clarification on the Rules posted

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I'm curious too -- I think this reminder might be triggered by something I received the other day. I wondered at the time whether it was a "legal" use of the PM system, though certainly I didn't mind it...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I think this reminder might be triggered by something I received the other day. I wondered at the time whether it was a "legal" use of the PM system, though certainly I didn't mind it...
Personally I don't care what people send me in PM, so long as it's respectful and not hate filled such as one unprovoked PM that I received from a member here.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Actually, I'm curious too -- I think this reminder might be triggered by something I received the other day. I wondered at the time whether it was a "legal" use of the PM system, though certainly I didn't mind it...
Same here... I didnt mind it, but this thread reminded me of it.

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got something too.
Back when I first joined I received a pm from someone who had no posts and just wanted to say 'hi' ! I didn't answer back cuz something did not seem right.
Anyone experience that? Maybe I'm just uninformed about the whole pm thing.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just to let everyone know, this has been an issue at various points for literally years. Yes, there were more recent instances (yes, plural) over recent weeks/months to precipitate this specific clarification of the rules.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Same here... I didnt mind it, but this thread reminded me of it.
When in doubt, you can always forward the PM to the site owner, Anne, or to an administrator or mod.

Unfortunately, some spammers take advantage of PMs. I remember posting about hyperesthesia in H&N one time, and then being plagued by a spammer with a "miracle cure".

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

When in doubt, you can always forward the PM to the site owner, Anne, or to an administrator or mod.

Unfortunately, some spammers take advantage of PMs. I remember posting about hyperesthesia in H&N one time, and then being plagued by a spammer with a "miracle cure".
Luckily, I haven't had any problems here! But if they come my way..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks for the reports, folks. It does help us weed out some spammers from our midst

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
One more thing, when reporting suspected spam, please mention the date of the PM. Thank you!