What do you think happened?? Found our cat dead on the sidewalk

catnappin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well as I was going out to the store, I drove down our hill and there was our cat meowsters on the sidewalk laying down as if she was sleeping, at first I actually thought she was sleeping so I went up to her and to my dismay i found blood near her head. I knew she was gone at that point. So I'm here wondering what might have happened. We live right next to a middleschool so I thought maybe one of the kids there might have thrown a rock at it's head.

It really doesn't look like it was run over and I did find it on the sidewalk rather than the street but I guess it is possible.

Here is her regular picture

To top it off one of her kittens, tigger the striped one has been missing, they were close, is it normal for the kitten to go searching for her mother?

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By looking at those photo's I would say hit by a car and the person just put your cat on the sidewalk, or she managed to walk there.
I'm sad to say I've had 2 cats been hit by cars, the first one I didn't see, I was away at a school camp but mum told me about it. The second cat (kitten actually) I saw get hti by a car, he wasn't squished (nor was Dusty) but had a hole in the top of his head. I think they try lay as low to the ground as possible but there must be something low that connects with the head. Tiger was a lucky kitten though because he was not alone when he passed away, he was in my arms.

Sorry to go on too much, thats my personal experience and just my theory of what may have happened to Meowsters.

I am sorry for your loss, especially in such a tragic way.

Requiescant In Pace Meowsters

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i agree, probably hit by a car. i doubt a kid could throw a rock big enough or hard enough to kill a cat.
to you during this painful time... i hope you find her kitten soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnappin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well thank you for your help guys, it really brings some closure to our family. I appreciate it very much, oh and btw are other cat tigger came home today thankfully. We are now not allowing our cats outside.

R.I.P. Meowsters

kerry'n'ben

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have just read your thread and wanted to say sorry for your loss sending you get better soon vibes x

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catnappin

Well thank you for your help guys, it really brings some closure to our family. I appreciate it very much, oh and btw are other cat tigger came home today thankfully. We are now not allowing our cats outside.

R.I.P. Meowsters
i'm so sorry for your loss. and i'm glad you decided to keep your kitties inside. i think you'll feel much better too!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss, and I am glad to hear that you are keeping your cats inside now.

RIP Meowsters

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my cat Wiley was hit by a car years ago, I found him on the side of the road and the only sign of injury was a small bit of blood from his ears, so I'm guessing that is what happened to your girl.

Rest in peace, Meowsters