My non-cats

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will warn you now, that while my cats are important to me, I am DOG OBSESSED. Specifically rottweilers and boston terriers. Mainly rottweilers. I'm one of those crazy rottweiler people who goes to all the shows just to eyeball the rottweilers, is friends with a bunch of rottweiler breeders, talks on rottweiler forums, has only owned rottweilers (except for the Butters) and will only own rottweilers. I do painted portraits as a career, and due to my associations, 90% of them are rottweilers.

Yeah, I have a problem. A certain black and tan obsession.

Anyway, here are my hounds.

Frau we bought as a puppy from a family who was allergic to her. She was only 8 weeks old. I think they just decided they'd rather have the money than her. She is now just over 4 years old and the best dog a person could ask for. She is my rock, my silly, wiggly, licking rock.
Introducing Frau Can't Hold Her Licker - TTx2, CGN, HIC

Butters the boston came to us at 1 year 3 months after his owner passed away and the wife was unable to care for him (they were very elderly and Butters is very strong and CRAZY hyper). He had zero training and has been an insane amount of work and fun. I can't imagine life without him, and we always say 'he's lucky he's cute'. He will be three on the 23rd!
This is Butters Professor of Chaos - TT, also know as Monsieur Buttersophales, COE of the National Coalition of Equality for Underbites and Cowhocks in Beauty Pageants. Viva la Hare Feet!

Sydney came to us as a rescue. I was waiting for a pup from a litter in arizona, when I received a call at work from a man who needed to get rid of one of his rotties immediately. Since I am an idiot I told him to bring her by. Well, long story short, we took her, she was used as a brood bitch, could barely walk because both her cruciate ligaments in her knees were blown, had severe heartworm that she barely survived and is slowly losing her vision. She will be 5 on the 24th. Needless to say, puppy is on hold for a couple years now.
This is Sydney's Living the High Life - TT, CGN

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oh I especially loved the 2 & 3rd to last!
lovely pics!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dang! Sydney is one fine lookin Rott!
They are all gorgeous, but man.....she is pretty!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Lovely pooches. And you don't like 'em at all, do you --
No, not at all. Darn messy things. Drooling, shedding all over, licking themselves in public. Oh wait, that's Jeremy. We were talking about dogs, right? Yeah, they're pretty cool. I'm a pit partial to them.

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Dang! Sydney is one fine lookin Rott!
They are all gorgeous, but man.....she is pretty!!
Sydney says (in southern belle drawl) 'why thank you. I've always enjoyed the attention of strangers. Then when they walk past the house, I BARK BARK BARK at them. Just to keep them guessing, is she friendly or isn't she? Oh, the power I wield...'

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gomer

OMG, That shot of Butters is the best pic of a Boston ever! LMAO!!!

Sydney certainly is a fine looking Rottie. Very handsome beastie girl.

All the letters after the names - are they ribbons they've won in shows?

gomer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

All the letters after the names - are they ribbons they've won in shows?
Yeah, kind of. They're certificates they've earned. TT is Temperament Tested, it's a serious of unusual and potentially scary situations you and your dog go through (you're with your dog, but can not speak to them or give commands). At the end the judges give you an assessment of how your dog did, and it's a pass/fail.

CGN is Canine Good Neighbour (or Canine Good Citizen in the US). It's a bit like the TT, but with obedience thrown in. Heeling on leash, down, sit, stay, come, calmly accepting grooming and petting, and behaving calmly around other dogs.

HIC is Herding Instinct Tested. Rotties were used at stock dogs originally, and so most still retain the instinct to herd. Frau earned hers, I didn't test Syd due to her knee issues (though I might at the next event), and I think Butters would want to just hang off the sheep, grinning maniacally, so I don't know if I'll test him or not. :p

Here's a link to the breakdown of the TT and CGN if you're interested. They're great fun to do, I would encourage anyone to take them. You're dog doesn't have to be purebred or registered. You learn a lot about your dog by seeing their reactions.

http://www.dogtraining.ca/test.html

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh your dogs are just as adorable as your cats.......... and I really enjoy how you write about them all. Your great love and devotion shows in your words!

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gomer

Sydney says (in southern belle drawl) 'why thank you. I've always enjoyed the attention of strangers. Then when they walk past the house, I BARK BARK BARK at them. Just to keep them guessing, is she friendly or isn't she? Oh, the power I wield...'

I have always wanted a Rottie! Sydney is gorgeous!!!!!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous dogs! I've always been a sucker for Rotties. A friend of ours has two beauties. We spent a week watching the Rotties while they went on vacation, and loved it. Although big dopey Jet ate part of their couch while we were at work