Need help naming these kittens!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the newest litter I'm fostering (no - these aren't Mindy's babies. We're still waiting for them
).
All these little guys are spotted. We've been calling them our litter of cowkitties, but they all need names so I can post them on Petfinder. They are all black and white with the exception of one gray and white so I wanted to come up with names for polkadots or something similar. There are 4 male kittens, 1 female kitten (she's on the far left in the back of the basket in the group photo) and then there is mom making the total 6
So far for ideas I have: Domino, Dot, Oreo, and Patches, but I need 2 more names. Any ideas guys? Thanks for the help!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now I completely understand what Helen means by "Oh my heart!"

Those babies are just....I mean "cute" doesn't even begin to describe them! Holy moley!

OK, ok, names....

For the girl, I thought of Maisey as a classic moo-cow name.

For the boys...you could go with games theme that uses dots? i.e. Domino, Checkers, Chess-ter, Dice (I knew a kitty named Dice
), CC (for Chinese Checkers), Marbles, Jack (for the ball used in Jacks)...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Those babies are just....I mean "cute" doesn't even begin to describe them! Holy moley!

OK, ok, names....

For the girl, I thought of Maisey as a classic moo-cow name.

For the boys...you could go with games theme that uses dots? i.e. Domino, Checkers, Chess-ter, Dice (I knew a kitty named Dice
), CC (for Chinese Checkers), Marbles, Jack (for the ball used in Jacks)...
That's so funny because I was actually considering Maisey for the mom.

As for the rest of the names - great idea! Let's see...I've got Domino, Dot....then I could use Dice and Marble? Or maybe one of the others? Maybe.....I like them all, but the kids get the last vote, so keep em coming!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Oh...and by the way...thanks for the compliments on the babies. They are cuties aren't they? And they are all soooooo soft like a rabbit.
The really cool thing is that the only female actually has a small black heart on her face. It's a very unusual marking right next to her nose, but it's in the shape of a heart. It's so cute! You can't really see it in the photo here though.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about a Polka & a Dot? Moo Cow?
I actually have a kitty named Moo Cow!

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitten on the far right side of the basket, looking at the camera, who looks maybe gray?? He/she looks like trouble, how about the name Mischief for that one??

I met a cat named Mischief once.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

The kitten on the far right side of the basket, looking at the camera, who looks maybe gray?? He/she looks like trouble, how about the name Mischief for that one??

I met a cat named Mischief once.
He is the only gray one. As far as being Mischief or a trouble-maker, they've only been with me for a few days so hard to tell, but thus far what I've seen is the little girl is the trouble maker and the most curious.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What cuties...and mommy has the most gorgeous face! I'm a sucker for cow-kitties....oh wait...I'm a sucker for all kitties! LOL

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness how adorable

Names ..... Speckle and Smudge.........

I do not know how you do this, Lisa, I would have 50 cats in a month.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh my goodness how adorable

Names ..... Speckle and Smudge.........

I do not know how you do this, Lisa, I would have 50 cats in a month.
OOOOHHHHHH - I like Speckle!!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Oh My Heart, is right
...I can't stand the cuteness
...I would have a houseful if I were you, I don't know how you do it
You know what? I thought I would have a problem too and wind up with a houseful, but after watching numerous litters I feel terrible in saying most of the time I can't wait till they get adopted cause they terrorize my house!!!
What a mess these little tykes can make!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to chime in with a third "Oh my heart!!!" that little guy with the black smudge on his nose!!

I was thinking of cow breed names, like Holstein or Angus

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm going to chime in with a third "Oh my heart!!!" that little guy with the black smudge on his nose!!

I was thinking of cow breed names, like Holstein or Angus
Ok, Ok, Smudge it is. So.....we've got Domino, Smudge, Speckle, Dice, and the little girl is Sweetheart (because her mark is in the shape of a heart. My daughter insisted on the name). And mom's name is Maisey.

They are cuties aren't they!!!
Their little faces do melt my heart.....it's the little yellow piddle-puddles and brown foot prints (from them walking through their you-know-what) all over my floor that doesn't melt my heart so much.
But...I know...they are babies, and they are still learning....and they are just too damn cute to be mad at!