Snickers and puppies pics!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, here are a few pics. I didn't want to take too many because Snickers was getting a little nervous (such a good mommy!)

I tried to take the spotted ones out to get a good picture of them but Snickers is still very protective and doesn't let us taking them out of her crate.

We're going to build a pen in the basement for them for when the pups get older. The basement is unfinished with concrete floors, but is insulated and built into a mountain, so it stays cool down there, so they should be fine. This is mainly for when we are gone. They are going to outgrow the crate very soon. They look like they have almost doubled in size in 48 hours! At what age should they be moved? I'm guessing I should wait until they're weaned? And, don't worry, we're gone for 8 hours at work, but my MIL lives up the road and will be more than happy to come down and let the pups out to go potty 3-4 times a day.

Anyway, now that they're here, any advice would be great! Just wanted to share pics.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, they are so cute! I really like the spotted pups.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww, how precious!
I just love the merles, it's my favorite coat color!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Frisk

Awww, how precious!
I just love the merles, it's my favorite coat color!
I'm really dumb when it comes to dogs so what are merles?

And thank you all! I personally think they are the cutest puppies in the world, but then again, I am the grandma.

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The puppies are adorable, but momma is a beauty. She is such a good momma with all those little mouths to feed. Give her a big hug and kiss from me & the boy's. Tyler (Choc. Lab) is in love!!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

Congrats on the healthy pups! What type of dog was the father? I love merles...
We're not sure exactly what the father was...he spooked real easily and wouldn't come around us, but my MIL says he looked like an Australian Shepard. He was gorgeous and huge! The first time I saw him I was coming home from work at night and he came out of the woods...I thought he was a wolf at first! I saw him in the daylight the next day, and not a wolf. I wish he had been more friendly though..I would have liked to have gotten to know the S.O.B. that knocked up my baby girl!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww if we didn't have a dog.......

I normally don't like merles, but those are really cute. If the pup would grow up to look like a lab with a spotted coat; that would be really cool.

I love Snickers too - my 2nd fav labby color is the chocolates. Keno had a litter of 10 pups before we got her - father was a rottweiler (pretty obvious markings on the pups).

andrea742

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All are really cute hehe. But I love mama's color

Australian sheps aren't big dogs. He must have had something else mixed in with him. So I bet they are gonna be some big ole pups!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Andrea742

All are really cute hehe. But I love mama's color

Australian sheps aren't big dogs. He must have had something else mixed in with him. So I bet they are gonna be some big ole pups!
I didn't get to meet him up close and personal, but he was about the size of a german shephard. I thought all shephards were about that size, but I was just guessing. I'm sure he probably wasn't a pure bred, but he was gorgeous!