No Mark and Dumb Cat Anti-Marking Spray

sarathan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyone ever tried either one of these for cat spray? Any opinions??

TIA!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't waste your money- it doesn't work. I tried No-Mark before (my altared kitty was having accidents.) and it didn't work. Also- before you buy things for behavioral issues- take them to a vet and make sure you don't have a medical issue on your hand such as a UTI. Sometimes animals go potty outside of the litter pan because they associate the litter pan with pain. You can however try using Cat Attract litter to encourage them to use the litter pan again. Be sure to start with a new litter pan too. That should help a bit!

Has your kitty been spayed/neutered? Has it previously been declawed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarathan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice! Oh yes, he's neutered. This is a behavioral issue for sure. He is an indoor/outdoor cat and doesn't use a litter box. I've been having problems with him spraying in the house and I'm always looking for the latest and greatest products!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarathan

Thanks for the advice! Oh yes, he's neutered. This is a behavioral issue for sure. He is an indoor/outdoor cat and doesn't use a litter box. I've been having problems with him spraying in the house and I'm always looking for the latest and greatest products!
no problem hon. you may want to have him into a vet to make sure he isn't having any medical issues as well. until then- the most safe thing for you to do would to be to keep him indoors only and crate him until he's in to see the vet. (to keep him from spraying- line the crate with bubble wrap....if he tries to spray that once- he'll never do it again when it reflects back onto him. That should encourage him to stop marking in that small space- then you can gradually tackle other areas of the home. Good luck! Also you may try asking for help in the breeders section of tcs- i'm sure some of them could give you advice on how to curb spraying in kitties (as many of them have intact males that spray i'm sure. even though your guy is neutered- they might could give some tips
) good luck, i do hope you find the help you need. definitely consider allowing your kitty to become indoors only. it will cut down on his territorial behaviors (such as marking his turf when he's outside to detur other kitties) and should help calm him down a bit.

sarathan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your responses! I have thought seriously about making him an indoor only cat again, but the other two are indoor/outdoor too. Someone suggested making them ALL indoor, but I'm not even going to go there right now, seriously. And it just seems too hard to make only one indoor and the other two indoor/outdoor. I *just* ordered the Feliway diffuser, I've heard excellent reviews about that stuff. His spraying seems to be getting better as of lately actually.

Thanks again!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vet time... How old is the sprayer??

sarathan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Vet time... How old is the sprayer??
Been to the vet... no problems health-wise. He's about 1 1/2 years old.