Philly/Jersey/DE/MD Meet-up!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Gang!

We have been trying to have this for about 6 months now, and it looks like it's all finally starting to come about! So far, we have decided on a date/place for the Philly Area Meet-Up! It will be at the Manayunk Brewery (
)!

http://www.manayunkbrewery.com/homepage.php

We will be meeting for lunch, as this allows our farther traveling members to get home before dark.
For those that don't know Manayunk, it's an awesome little town FULL of "Best of Philly" restaraunts & shops... did I say shops? There's a Nicole Miller boutique on the one corner, you could make a 1/2 day of it!
It's trendy & upscale, so you won't have to worry about being in a sketchy neighborhood, it's the very outskirts of the city, with very easy access from the highways. Oh, and did I tell you it's a brewery?!
Cocktails for everyone!

So, far we have some definates: Me (LuckyGirl), Jenny (Jenny82), Leighann (MoochnNoodles), and Gail (gailuvscats).... with a possible trip from Lisa (lisalee) if we can get someone to carpool with her from her area (let me know if you would be willing to carpool with her, she's about 45mins from the city!). Leighann & Jenny are bringing their SO's and I might drag mine along too (kicking & screaming possibly
). If anyone is interested in coming we'd love to have you!

We can't wait to meet everyone!
Please pm me for details or respond here if you can come or want directions or more information! Thanks all!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heather why would your DH be kicking and screaming? I told mine it was at a brewery and he said "I could handle that".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Is a little too far for me
c'mon Paula! You can come up on Sat & spend the night, then go to the meet up on Sunday & head home afterwards..... check with your bf.

Originally Posted by mooficat

aww I wanna come too
start walking now!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I dunno yet. DH isn't happy about going. I am still working on him though.
Aww well I hope you could still come if he really doesn't want to.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

you BETTER come Michele! It's a public place, and it's during daylight hours.... I am gonna drag my DH along too. He can have a beer! Or if he doesn't want to go, maybe you could take a train here, I could pick you up at the train station & take you back when we're done lunch. If you go without your DH, then I'll let mine stay home too.... but Jenny & Leighann are both bringing their's cause they have so far to drive & don't want to drive alone.
When else are we going to have a chance to meet up so close?! And with so many members? Besides, I've already decided to get Benson one of my "bad boy" bandana's!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

you BETTER come Michele! It's a public place, and it's during daylight hours.... I am gonna drag my DH along too. He can have a beer! Or if he doesn't want to go, maybe you could take a train here, I could pick you up at the train station & take you back when we're done lunch. If you go without your DH, then I'll let mine stay home too.... but Jenny & Leighann are both bringing their's cause they have so far to drive & don't want to drive alone.
When else are we going to have a chance to meet up so close?! And with so many members? Besides, I've already decided to get Benson one of my "bad boy" bandana's!
I am working him

He laughed over the bandana.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

start walking now!
And swimming too! Once you make it to the east coast it's not that far!

Eh don't worry, mine still doesn't know!
But he said he'd take me back in February so I'm sure he's still up for it!
He's always wanting to go to Philly anyway!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

And swimming too! Once you make it to the east coast it's not that far!

Eh don't worry, mine still doesn't know!
But he said he'd take me back in February so I'm sure he's still up for it!
He's always wanting to go to Philly anyway!
My DH doesn't like meeting all new people. He feels out of place. Once he knows ya he is funny esp when drinking. Maybe we need to know if our DH's have anything in common to make them feel more comfortable.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really wish you guys were meeting up a little closer to me, I would love to come! As I said to Heather, if there's anyone that's by the Lehigh Valley, please let me know, I would need to ride with someone since I don't drive into the city and my bf Will usually works weekends. This sounds great though!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My DH doesn't like meeting all new people. He feels out of place. Once he knows ya he is funny esp when drinking. Maybe we need to know if our DH's have anything in common to make them feel more comfortable.
They all have in common that their women are way too addicted to TCS! They can talk about all the things we neglect (them!) to be on TCS!

My DH takes a looong time to get comfortable with people. So prepare to see him concentrate on his food and look extreemly boored. That's pretty normal for when its not just the 2 of us out somewhere. I'll be suprised if he talks very much at all! He's just like that, so no worries.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We can't wait to meet everyone!
Please pm me or respond here if you can come or want directions or more information! Thanks all!
i would like to meet you also hehe oh well maybe sometime.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I will have him know that I am a HOOT! He will have a great time, I swear!
And if he doesn't I'll buy him a drink!
Things in common: we both love Jamaica, Tom's brother & our friends were married there, he likes to go fishing & have bbq's, he likes Grey Goose vodka & red bulls, he is funny & a chop buster, he has 3 wheelers and an X-box.... Oh, and he LOVES his cats, even though to my DH that sounds a little foo-foo, he does love them something fierce!
Oh, he is not that into sports even though he pretends to be.... he's a faker.
Plus they're from the same area, so they can talk about things to do & see in the city?!

Originally Posted by lisalee

I really wish you guys were meeting up a little closer to me, I would love to come! As I said to Heather, if there's anyone that's by the Lehigh Valley, please let me know, I would need to ride with someone since I don't drive into the city and my bf Will usually works weekends. This sounds great though!
Hey, Lisa, have you ever driven to Plymouth Mtg? That is right off the turn pike & not in the city.... Maybe you've been to the Ikea there? If you have, I can meet you in the parking lot so you don't have to get lost in a strange city, take you to lunch & drop you back off to your car.... the mall is right off the Norristown exit on the NE Ext, you can see the mall from the turnpike. I'll pm you!

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

They all have in common that their women are way too addicted to TCS! They can talk about all the things we neglect (them!) to be on TCS!

My DH takes a looong time to get comfortable with people. So prepare to see him concentrate on his food and look extreemly boored. That's pretty normal for when its not just the 2 of us out somewhere. I'll be suprised if he talks very much at all! He's just like that, so no worries.
I will grill him with 20 questions & order shots all around.... I'll have him opening up in no time.

Originally Posted by theimp98

i would like to meet you also hehe oh well maybe sometime.
c'mon now Bruce, Ohio is only about 8 hours from me.... hop on your hog & get down here!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I will grill him with 20 questions & order shots all around.... I'll have him opening up in no time.
Good luck! First on getting him to drink! He just really doesn't except maybe steal a few sips of my drinks...and I always get the fruity kind! I can just see us leaving there, he'll be like 'Please don't make me go back there with those crazy people for a long time...."