Please warn ***SPOILERS!*** For the New HP Book

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a personal request... I won't be getting the new Harry Potter book for 2.5 weeks, since I have the American series and don't want to switch to the Canadian set for the last book.

If you post about HP after reading the 7th book, please use a ***SPOILERS!*** warning in the heading instead of something like HARRY POTTER DIES AT THE END! or whatever...

I would really appreciate it! I'm going to stay away from the media but hate to stay away from TCS, too.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Same here! I'll be getting the book on Saturday, but have to attend a graduation in the afternoon, and we're having overnight guests that night. I might get to read it Sunday afternoon/evening, but I'm not betting on it.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree... I don't want to know anything about the book until I'm done reading it. I've been avoiding all forms of media for the last week trying to keep away from the "we know the end of the last Harry Potter book" story.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Ill be buying the book just before i fly out to Australia so I can get into it on the plane which will be in 5 weeks

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband has already warned me to stay away from the internet Re: the new Harry Potter book. And seeing as how I won't have time to ready anything but my calculus book until mid-August I hope I can still be surprised when I read it. I'll be avoiding ALL HP titled threads until then.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I think Ill be buying the book just before i fly out to Australia so I can get into it on the plane which will be in 5 weeks
Do you think you'll be able to hold out that long? I have two long flights to the U.S. in early August every year, and I've vowed several times that I'd save the latest HP book for the flights, but have always ended
up reading them beforehand.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Do you think you'll be able to hold out that long? I have two long flights to the U.S. in early August every year, and I've vowed several times that I'd save the latest HP book for the flights, but have always ended
up reading them beforehand.
Yeah I have to hold out that long, I will be working 12 - 14 hours in the next few weeks, duty free at frankfurt international (let me know when you are there) and teaching!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't hold out that long. I am getting it delivered on Saturday. I don't even know if I can wait until I am off on surgrey on Tuesday before I read it!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here!!!

I'm back in school for 4 more weeks and I'm already starting the final project. Plus I did the free shipping so it'll probably take a week. in fact no one may see me for a few weeks. I'll be angry if I find out the ending before reading it!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just checked last week on the Chapters (book store ) website. I knew they wouldn't have any spoilers.

Since only 10 people other then JK have read the book, there really is only speculation - no actual real spoilers.

libby'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Actually the book is a little more than 400+ pages, it's a little more than 600 or 700 pages (American version). Unfortunately I've stumbled across a forum site that spoiled it (or may have spoiled it for me). Ugh I can't wait until Saturday!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Libby'sMom

Actually the book is a little more than 400+ pages, it's a little more than 600 or 700 pages (American version). Unfortunately I've stumbled across a forum site that spoiled it (or may have spoiled it for me). Ugh I can't wait until Saturday!
Before the sixth book came out, my husband read that Hagrid died on page 687 (or something like that). He was mad because he really dislikes spoilers! I read the book before he did, and couldn't say "it wasn't Hagrid" because that would be even more spoilers...
I doubt the site you came across knows the truth.

libby'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know. A poster had pictures of the book pages, and you could click on them to make them bigger. Me thinks I saw too much. I don't care though I want to read it anyway!!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol i downloaded a couple version already,
hehe, so this is what happens.................................

just kidding i wont tell you.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
DH will read it first (I got to read the last one first) so I won't be seeing it for a week after we get it. I'm beginning to avoid all references to HP. So I agree with you; those who get to read it right away, don't ruin for the rest of us. Thanks.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok - honestly when I last checked it said 498. Now Chapters has it's dimensions as:
Format: Hardcover
Published: July 21, 2007
Dimensions: 608 Pages, 5.38 x 8.04 in
ISBN: 1551929767