Harry Potter: who do you think will die?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So the 7th and last book is ALMOST here. Only 3.5 more days for us fans!!!

J.K. Rowling has talked for years that a major character in Harry Potter will die at the end. I remember in an interview/special she said that she has to kill the character for everything to turn out all right.

Who do you think it is? Vote and feel free to leave your reasoning here!

Personally I would willing bet that it's Harry himself. My first clue is that she's leary about writing about Harry's life beyond Hogwarts. Secondly many of the things involved in his life ties him to Voldemort, his scar, his wand, etc. I think she is going to pull a "In order for Voldemort to die, Harry must die" scenerio.

You?

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, the prophecy states that one can't live while the other survives so definitely i think harry will live and voldie die, but i think the main character to die is going to be hermione.

she's come such a long way and her character has changed so much ....we were also supposed to learn a lot more about crookshanks too....so maybe it all happens in this book....

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both Harry and Vold could both die. =( I really don't want him to die. I'm hoping against hope that Harry doesn't die, but I voted on the poll that he would. Too much the author has said implies that he dies.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seriously don't think that Harry will die - too many people will be upset with her. However Daniel Radcliffe (aka Harry Potter) says that he hopes that Harry dies. He said that JK isn't the type to tie everything up in a nice happy ending.

I think that Neville Longbottom will die trying to avenge his parents.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I'm still not over Dumbledore dying
But is he really dead?

I have just re-read book 6. It seems to me that it was mighty convenient that Hagrid heard Snape and Dumbledore arguing in the forbidden forest. Snape said that "I don't want to do it anymore" and Dumbledore told him he had no choice. Maybe Snape was acting on orders.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I voted that Snape will die. He's been Harry's antagonist throughout the series, and even if he is redeemed in the last book, I can't see him surviving.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

But is he really dead?

I have just re-read book 6. It seems to me that it was mighty convenient that Hagrid heard Snape and Dumbledore arguing in the forbidden forest. Snape said that "I don't want to do it anymore" and Dumbledore told him he had no choice. Maybe Snape was acting on orders.
I have a strong feeling that we will see Dumbledore again.

Seems like in book 5 ro 6 there was some talk about wizards faking their death?! I Can't remember and I don't want to read the book before I see the movie

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure hope Harry doesn't die. His life has been so difficult, and to kill him in the end before he has a chance at happiness would completely suck.

If you've read the Narnia series, you know that all the kids die in the end. The last book completely ruined the series for me. It's lame, just like the old "waking up and it was all a dream" plot.

If Hermione or Ron die, I suppose it would be in helping Harry.

I think Snape is actually good, and the fact that Dumbledore is associated with a Phoenix means maybe he will come back in the last book.

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Whoa, I had no idea all the kids die in the last chronicles of narnia.
guess I should have read the spoilers warning.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I have a strong feeling that we will see Dumbledore again.

Seems like in book 5 ro 6 there was some talk about wizards faking their death?! I Can't remember and I don't want to read the book before I see the movie
I wanted to re-read the whole series before I started book 7. Since it is the last one I wanted everything "fresh".

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I wanted to re-read the whole series before I started book 7. Since it is the last one I wanted everything "fresh".
I just reread the sixth one. I raced through it so fast the first time that I missed a lot of things! I'm bracing myself and ready for the seventh...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had Ron marked for death since the first book. I think he's going to try to do something dumb and get killed in the process.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember reading somewhere that JK Rowling said that Dumbledore is definitely dead and will not be coming back.

I am not sure who will die in book seven, and I am not going to try and guess. It is too taxing LOL.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think that Neville Longbottom will die trying to avenge his parents.
Could be...didn't book 5 or 6 say that if Harry didn't exist or his mother's love save him that Neville would've been in Harry's place? I think Neville is destined for more then what we think.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

If you've read the Narnia series....

The last book completely ruined the series for me. It's lame, just like the old "waking up and it was all a dream" plot.
Sheesh that wasn't much of a warning!!

I reckon Snape will die.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think it will be either Ron or Hermione who dies. They are too close to Harry. I definately think that Neville has a much larger part and also Pettigrew because Harry spared his life.
I don't think that Dumbledore is really dead because when snape did the curse on him he ended up flying over the castle. Everyone else who has died from that curse died instantly so the behavior or dumbledore's death does not match correctly.
As far as who will die? I won't even try to guess. Only that it will be someone who has been close to Harry. If you think about it, Rowling has already taken away everyone that ever meant to Harry...his parents, Sirius, Dumbledore (if he's really dead).
The last person really left to share that type of parental relationship is Hagrid. The weasleys do also, but they are less likely to die. So maybe that is who will die...but I don't know. If you think about it, his parents, Sirius, Dumbledore, Hagrid were all in it from the beginning.