How many times does your kitty go?

libby'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm asking because it seems like Libby goes once a day. At about 2 in the morning she will go to the bathroom, but when I asked my husband if she goes while I'm at work he says he doesn't think so (he works the graveyard shift).

I know this morning she went just before I went to work, and was hasty because she did no 2, and didn't cover up very well. I definitely think she tries to wait to go potty (we have her in our room for now until she's used to the place) and she covers it much better at night when I'm asleep.

How many times do your cats go? What is normal? Thanks!

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fang pees twice a day, around 12 hours apart, the other two pee once a day. All of them poo once a day.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Oliver almost ALWAYS poos at about 5am, then sometimes also during the day or evening - I usually expect 1 poo a day from him though (and if for some reason he doesn't poo at all one day, he makes up for it the next day haha)... I haven't really kept track of his pees but I think it's usually twice a day, sometimes more (but not super excessive that would suggest a problem) depends on how much water he drinks that day and/or wet food he eats....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zoey does two med/ large pees and one small a day and one poop a day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libby'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great news guys!

I was getting a little worried, I don't know I was comparing her to us humans. I have a couple of cat books, but when it comes to the litterbox, it just talks about how to try to get kittens and cats to go in the box.

Is it normal for the poop to stink bad? I mean it smells like people poop. I think its because of her wet food.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Libby'sMom

Is it normal for the poop to stink bad? I mean it smells like people poop. I think its because of her wet food.
May just be her food. Our cats poop are less stinky after we switched them Science Diet to Nutro.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libby'smom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking its the food. Her poops weren't that bad until I bought the wet food. She was eating dried until I got the wet. She only eats wet at night though.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine pee about 3 times in 24 hours and poop 1-2 times in 24 hours.

shakadaka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm well...I have 2 adults, whom do not go alot, my teenager, also not alot maybe 2 or 3 poops a day and sum wee's...my 3 kittens....in a 24 hour cycle...judging by the amount I scoop regularly each day and night...4 or 5 poops each and wee's more so. On dry food not stinky, on wet food , which they get sometimes as treats, and with sum cheese tidbits occasionally, and left over mince bits ( if they are lucky too get it before I eat it ! )
...BIT more stinky and soft...my Ragdoll...can sometimes get bits stuck too her bottom, I clean sometimes and I trim there a bit too, she is only 4 months old, so I expect it hehe

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Man I wish Mitties would be "regular." Sounds sick, but I'm always so delighted if there's actually a poop in the litterbox. As long as I see something, even something small, I'm happy. I get nervous when she doesn't poop all day.

Since switching her to all wet with fiber mixed in, she seems a teeny bit better, but it's still too early to tell yet.

Just be happy your cats are pooping at all!