Hmmm which nursery theme to choose?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We were going through the Babies R Us catalog and putting stuff on a gift registry and decided to go with an aquarium theme. Fishies are cool, and it was blue, and we're having a boy, so it all seemed to coordinate nicely, and the stuff was very cute.

But.... we bought some cute jungle animal type wall stickers a little while ago with the pan to use them in the baby room. I just remembered that this morning. So we can either change to a jungle/animal theme and use the wall stickers we bought, or keep with the cute aquarium/sea life theme.

What do you think?

Oh and we've only just done the registry, and nobody would have looked at it, or tried to buy anything off it as of yet.

Edit to add: And the wall stickers weren't hugely expensive, so it's not a BIG deal if we don't use them, but it'd be a shame not to.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not have both? Sorta a Land/Sea theme - one half is the sea, one half is the land/jungle.

After all the baby will learn about many different kinds of animals

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooh! What if you painted a waist-high line around the room that looked like a sandy beach... and above the line were some rolling green hills and a blue sky with a few puffy clouds... and below the line was an aqua-blue sea... jungle animals above, fishies below...?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Ooooh! What if you painted a waist-high line around the room that looked like a sandy beach... and above the line were some rolling green hills and a blue sky with a few puffy clouds... and below the line was an aqua-blue sea... jungle animals above, fishies below...?
That sounds awesome, but we're not doing any redecorating since we're renting. So we can only use accessories to decorate the room.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Question: do you have a guest bathroom that will eventually be "his" bathroom? You could do either theme in the bath and the other for the nursery. . .

(I'm kinda partial to Classic Pooh myself, so I shall abstain from voting.)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RicaLynn

Question: do you have a guest bathroom that will eventually be "his" bathroom? You could do either theme in the bath and the other for the nursery. . .

(I'm kinda partial to Classic Pooh myself, so I shall abstain from voting.)
Nope, just one bathroom for everyone to use

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, I like RicaLynn's idea! If there's a bath, that is. But if there isn't, I'd go with the animals, too -- for a tiny baby, warm furry critters seem a little friendlier than scaly wet ones!

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like the aquarium theme * whispers, that what I used for my kids...lol*

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the animal theme, that is what i did for my boys. But if you really like the aquarium and it feels right (ask PJ) then don't worry about the stickers.

Do what feels right. Blue is very soothing!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like both Sarah, I am no help! Sorry!
Both suggestions are awesome though!

BTW, if I'd have a boy, it would be a construction site theme.... lots of orange....

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the idea of doing both, and was actually going to suggest that myself.
Even if you just do, say, a corner of the room as above water with the animals, it would be very cute!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the jungle/animal theme is a cute idea (especially because you already have the stickers) and you could decorate the room with adorable stuffed animals

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, I just went and looked at the wall stickers again... they're too cute not to use I think. And we don't really have anything else to put on walls, so I guess we'll change to the jungle animal theme. And I LOVE zoos, so he should too....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love both but this should not be a surprise the aquaruim theme is my vote

rugthugs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like the jungle idea. My nursery (nigh on forty years ago) was done in jungle theme in animals, and I can tell you-my only memories prior to say, two years old, are of our German Shepherd, our cat, and that jungle theme wallpaper...