He's just trying to help...

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it took several weeks but my clever little Riley has figured out that every day around 3:00 mail comes shooting through the little slot in the door.

Now I'm sure he thought it over and decided not to just put the mail on the table because he knows mommy doesn't enjoy just coming home to a stack of bills on the table. Instead, being the thoughtful little fella that he is, has decided to bring some excitement back into mommy's life, and organized what is now the daily "easter egg hunt".

Every day when I come home, I spend the next 10 minutes crawling around the floor, with Riley "helping" (by slapping at my hair, running over my back, and other helpful things) so that I can look under every piece of furnitue in the downstairs to find my mail. So far, he hasn't started carrying them upstairs but I'm sure its just a matter of time.

What a great game my sweet boy has created

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
He knows that you need your exercise and that you enjoy playing with him.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh yes, I know that game! Mine don't get it from the mail slot though, I keep my foyer locked... Leo (who is the only one "allowed" on the table
) gets up on the table & swats it down.... chews up all the corners & pokes holes in it with his claws, then swats it through the house.... Such a creative little bugger!

Good job Riley!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i hear that crawling around on hands and knees frims up the rear area...
hmm i dont know if that is true.. just what i hear.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

That is hilarious Paula
Riley is keeping himself busy when you are at work. Don't you wonder what's going through his head when he's doing it
Just once I wish I could read his little mind, lol. To him, anything that moves, or can be moved with a paw, is a great game!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Riley: "Let's see now...the electric bill goes under this end table...junk mail goes under the couch...ooo, this one looks important. I'd better drag it into the bathroom..."

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Riley: "Let's see now...the electric bill goes under this end table...junk mail goes under the couch...ooo, this one looks important. I'd better drag it into the bathroom..."

Maybe instead of buying toys, I should just give him my junk mail?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started giving my junk mail to my girls (Cassi & Ivory), it sure has spared them destroying the important mail.

The downside though is that my livingroom always looks like the street the day after a parade

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

It is a very intelligent filing system. But only Riley understands it.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Linus doesn't bother the mail but he sure has a real hate on for sales flyer's.
He seems to think it is his personal responsibility to scratch the you know what out of them, as soon as they come throw the mail slot.

Luckily most of the time the girl who delivers them just sticks them between the doors but occasionally one gets in and then as far as Linus is concerned it's party time.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe he's just trying to spare you from the credit card bill? Do you think the company will buy that as an excuse for not paying?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's trying to save you from the evil bill monster!!! He knows they take away Meowmie's money that she could be spending on cat toys and cat treats!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Maybe he's just trying to spare you from the credit card bill? Do you think the company will buy that as an excuse for not paying?
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

He's trying to save you from the evil bill monster!!! He knows they take away Meowmie's money that she could be spending on cat toys and cat treats!
I think you're right! He's been eyeing a big cat tree that I can't afford just yet
Maybe he's been shopping on ebay when I'm at work and doesn't want me to get the bill and find out???

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stan likes to help me choose what coupons are important. He disposes of the ones he doesn't like

I'm pretty sure I don't want to read his mind

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe he is just checking to see if there is any mail for him. maybe 8-Bit is sending him mail and he doesn't want you to find out!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is too funny!!!! I'm glad we have a mailbox! If my furbabies got ahold of the mail, they wouldn't just hide it to play a game with me-they'd eat it