I'm it in 6 weeks

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going back to my normal color. I had a haircut today and say the 2-3 inches of roots. I've been trying to grow my natural color back (ash blonde) for the past year/year and a half.

So I got a price on the cost of dying my hair back and made the appointment for 6 weeks from now (I want to trim up the hair again too)

I've been a redhead for 11 years now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not so much, more worried about B's reaction. He LOVES red hair women and was disappointed when I started to try and dye my hair back. However I'm tired of maintaining it (especially when the roots grow back, everyone thinks that I'm growing back gray hair
). Plus I want my natural haircolor for our wedding.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's such a good decision, to have your natural color for your wedding. I was married young and briefly, and both my husband and I did stupid things right before the wedding:

After three years of light auburn, I colored my hair dark brown, for some reason. It looked nice, but it didn't look like me.

And despite having been blessed with gorgeous wavy light-brown hair that was the envy of every girl he knew, my husband went out and got his hair permed into a Weird-Al-Yankovic Afro!

So neither of us looked anything close to normal for the wedding pictures. If the marriage had lasted, I'd be very upset about that!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Not so much, more worried about B's reaction. He LOVES red hair women and was disappointed when I started to try and dye my hair back....
Later on down the line (and if you want to) you can have a temporary strawberry blonde color put on. It will wash out after a couple of weeks, but only if you do it on your natural unprocessed hair. Might be a fun thing to suprise him with and spice things up a little for a special vacation or anniversary.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

...After three years of light auburn, I colored my hair dark brown, for some reason. It looked nice, but it didn't look like me.

And despite having been blessed with gorgeous wavy light-brown hair that was the envy of every girl he knew, my husband went out and got his hair permed into a Weird-Al-Yankovic Afro!..
Too funny!

When one of my sisters (the crazy one) turned 30, she freaked out and dyed her light brown hair black. She did it herself, at home in the shower, and somehow managed to dye the hair on her arms black, too!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Weird Al!

Sorry for any nightmares the posting of the pic may have caused.
I love weird Al!!

Good luck with the change. Just tell DH if he likes red hair so much, he can dye his own!