Question about cat eating other cat's food...

sarathan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When a cat eats out of another cat's food dish (and actually eats more out of it than his own dish), does this mean he is okay with the other cat's scent? Could it mean he may actually like the other cat?? Or does it not really have any meaning at all...

We recently adopted a female cat and my two resident males have been eating out of her dish almost exclusively. I'm just curious if there's any significance. I would LOVE to think this is a good thing, lol.

TIA!!

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're just demonstrating, or trying to establish, their dominant role in the group.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarathan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks!

Well, that's all I wanted to say, but apparently my message needs to be at least 12 characters.

jasmine-79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
...making sure she knows who's boss! Sometimes mine still do that after 5 years. I have to seperate them when I feed them.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And here I just thought it meant that they were piglets.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't you know that food always tastes better when it comes out of someone else's dish??? At least that's what Bella's been telling me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarathan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Didn't you know that food always tastes better when it comes out of someone else's dish??? At least that's what Bella's been telling me
Hahahah, soooo true.

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, the baby, Sophia, finished about half of her wet food, then waits for Gette to move away from her bowl, proceeds to finish hers, then goes and waits for Jiggy to walk away from his bown then eats his leftovers. By the time she's done, her sides look like she just ate a big rat and she's only 9 months old!!! I don't want her to get fat, but she DOES have alot of energy.