How do you say goodbye to the cat(s)?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just curious how every says goodbye when they are leaving their house?

For me, it's "You kittens be good. I love you all! I'll be home later/at lunch."

For Earl it's "Kittens be good, be back in a bit."

And no, it doesn't matter that Trent and Ophelia are 7 1/2 years old, or that both Ginger and Mojo are over a year now. They are and will always be "kittens".

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever I leave- I always make sure they are both accounted for - and say " Bye angels- mommy loves you!" And then I watch them hop into the kitchen window & meow bye to me

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go and fuss them, and say "bye, see you later" and usually add on something else, depends what's happened. Villy usually gets a kiss on the head too, if she'll let me!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually say "Bye kitties, be good! See you when I get back!"

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll say "goodbye boys/kitties, be good. I'll see you in a bit".

And on Fridays (when I get off early), I tell them I'm going to be home earlier than normal. If I'm not feeling chatty in the morning I still make sure to tell them to "be good", because I'm sure if I didn't tell them, they would be very very bad.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i usually will tell one that they in charge, and to bit anyone not supossed to be in the house,,hehe

felicia's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The good byes were quiet; I would make sure they were both ok, then said good bye as I slipped out the door.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hahaha I tell the kitties to be good as well - isn't it funny how we all find it necessary to say that...

It's usually "bye kitties/pussycats, back in a little bit/tonight/later - be good!!"

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always say Momma loves you and tell them where I am going and how long I will be and usually say be good and Sev don't sit on your sister while I'm gone

David always says Bye Kittykoos

When I leave for vacation it's another story I kiss and hug them all and tell them how much I love them.
I'm leaving them Saturday for 2 weeks and I feel so bad

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I make sure each one of them is accounted for, give them some loving, then say "Bye, babies. Be good. I love you!"

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm just going out for the day I usually give them scritches. If I'm staying at someone's house for the night they get kisses and I say "bye kitties!" If I go on vacation I give them big hugs and baby talk to them and tell them to be good.

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pick her up and start walking to her room to put her away and say "K, poopy...we play when we get back, k??? Pwomise."

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome thread!!!!

I love, pet & kiss mine, then I give them a hand full of treats (usually a hanful of their food-to them it's a treat) on the floor. I do that so I don't have to see pitiful kitty eyes looking at me saying "mom, why are you leaving us?" I would NOT get out of the door if I didn't give them treats, because when they give me that pitiful look, I HAVE to go give them more kisses and hugs.

So I love, hug & kiss before put down treats and run out the door-avoiding sad kitty looks!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me it goes like this:

"Okay sweety, I gotta go now..mommy loves you, have a good day"

And of course in the most pathetic baby voice possible

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
after counting noses - i tell them how long i'll be gone & to be good kitties.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always account for all of them and then I let them know Im leaving and when I will be back, that I love them and I either blow them kisses or go and kiss them.

When Im in my car, they are in the windows and I wave bye to them. When I get back, I usually blow the horn and wave at them in the window and my neighbors thinks Im nuts

Helen, KittyKoos is cute