The boys who will never have homes

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel so bad for these two, I honestly don't think they'll ever find homes.
They can stay here for as long as they need, I guess.

The boys with their "step dad"

Dorky FIsh & PJ a.k.a Mini Dorky

PJ loves to play, he's like crazy insane possessed cat

I am Mini Dorky, hear me ROAR!

Look at the junky eyes & runny nose(he got a runny nose last night)

The lion stalks his prey

I've gotcha now!

My little....ummm....well, weirdo? He just "isn't right". Punky...I had to uncrust his eyes so they were open for pics

I thought this was cute

His back legs still don't quite work right, so he doesn't do much, but he lit up over the wand toy!

My heart breaks for these boys. I hope the eye meds work within the next 7 days....I don't know that they will ever have clear eyes. I refuse to treat PJ for his runny nose again, too. He's just going to have to get over it....unless it gets tons worse. And hopefully Punky can walk normally soon, he's doing really well for not being able to walk hardly at all Sat. eve.

And what breaks my heart more? The first thing the vet asked when he saw Punky walking around the exam room was "how is his eyesight?". I think that is why I am so connected to him & what I've been having trouble putting my finger on, I wonder if Punky sees about as much as my Damita, next to nothing.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry they're not very healthy Natalie, but maybe someone will come along with a soft spot for not so perfect kitties

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry for the pity party, it's just I've had to wipe all the crust & open Punky's eyes 4x already today. And they're already starting to crust over again. Despite meds.
They'd be purr-fect additions to my home, but I realisitically shouldn't keep them. Foster furr-ever, I think I can do.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Sorry for the pity party, it's just I've had to wipe all the crust & open Punky's eyes 4x already today. And they're already starting to crust over again. Despite meds.
They'd be purr-fect additions to my home, but I realisitically shouldn't keep them. Foster furr-ever, I think I can do.
Trust me, I know all about being frustrated when meds don't seem to work

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I feel so bad for these two, I honestly don't think they'll ever find homes.
They can stay here for as long as they need, I guess.

Dorky FIsh & PJ a.k.a Mini Dorky
Aw, he's showing him the 'ropes'!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww sweetheart dont feel so down. I bet they will get homes! My rescue says its the ones that you never expect to get adopted that are adopted. And the ones you think will go first are the ones that never get adopted. They have good looks on their side!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They really are sweet though, they do make me melt. I'm sure someone will love to have them. I mean, look at their tiny faces!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww poor boys
We very nearly adopted a kitten who had what looked like the equivalent of cerebral palsy because he was a sweetheart and I didn't think anyone else would adopt him.

But when DH agreed we could get a cat, we went to the shelter (rather than PetSmart where the rescue group was showing the kitties) because there was a little orange feral DH had fallen in love with (who I also didn't think would find a home...), and we ended up walking away with Lily. I've always felt bad about the little guy with the bad legs though, I hope he found a good home....

Anyway the point of that rambling is that someone with a kind heart will come along and adopt him BECAUSE he's not perfect. It may take a while though.

I hope all their medical problems clear up soon.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
never find, is a very long time, and who knows.
Besides they have a home with you know, how much better can it be then that.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I DID adopt a cat with the feline equivalent of cerebral palsey (Forest) and I couldn't love the little guy more. Too bad I don't live closer and DH won't let me have any more cats...I'd take Dorky Fish and PJ in a heartbeat. (Of course, I'm a MAJOR sucker for orange tabby boys...especially the "broken" ones. If it were up to me I'd take them ALL, so it's probably a good thing I have DH to keep me under control.)

It took Forest six months to find his forever home...I'm sure some kindhearted person will eventually come along who's right for these guys, too.

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Doc would have the occasional recurrent watery eye...went to the vet a few times, tried Rx, but nothing seemed to be able to just nip it. This happened over 2 years. Then one day...no more watery eye -- that's right, just stopped by itself...

so you never know...

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What cuties!!! I hope his eyes clear up soon too. I feel so bad!!! What others said is true...Summer who has a wonderful personality and perfect health was at her rescue for 15 months while a 3 legged boy was there for about 5 weeks! You never know.

They have it good now, and lots of love from you. That's all they need for now.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I'd take Dorky Fish and PJ in a heartbeat. (Of course, I'm a MAJOR sucker for orange tabby boys...especially the "broken" ones.
Dory is resident kitty there, she wouldn't give him up in a second
He's acting as foster dad to the little kittens

And if she ever did need to rehome Dorky for any reason I'd be there in a flash for the handsome boy - my girls would lerrrrve him!

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww, they are so sweet! I'd adopt them if I could!

I hope they get well soon. Don't give up and try to think more positivly! You're doing a great thing for these poor boys.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Dory is resident kitty there, she wouldn't give him up in a second
He's acting as foster dad to the little kittens

And if she ever did need to rehome Dorky for any reason I'd be there in a flash for the handsome boy - my girls would lerrrrve him!
No chance you'd ever get my Dorky!
Who would I have to introduce as my boyfriend then?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe send Punky to me,
sounds like me and him have something in common, are legs dont work right.