Any way to stop them from peeing .....

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
between the box and the lid? I have one or two high shooters so I have covered boxes. Well someone, I don't know for sure but I think Maggie, manages a couple times a week to shoot pee between the box and the lid and it ends up on the floor. This wouldn't bother me too much except it always seems to land in the grout between the tiles, and I am having a hard time getting it out. Any suggestions would be helpful as I live in an appartment and I don't want this little thing to become a big thing over time.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About the only thing I can think of is a deeper box. Leopold is a high shooter. It was getting bad, he couldn't keep it in any of the boxes. I got a deep Sterlite tub from Walmart and cut one corner of it out for an entrance. It's 13 inches deep and he can get urine almost all the way to the top. The next one I get will be deeper.
Eventually I will replace all of the boxes with the deeper tubs.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

About the only thing I can think of is a deeper box. Leopold is a high shooter. It was getting bad, he couldn't keep it in any of the boxes. I got a deep Sterlite tub from Walmart and cut one corner of it out for an entrance. It's 13 inches deep and he can get urine almost all the way to the top. The next one I get will be deeper.
Eventually I will replace all of the boxes with the deeper tubs.
if you do a catsite search for rubbermaid tubs, you see some pix of litterboxes people have made from them. they're quite deep, & you can put the access hole in the lid. should take care of the problem.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When mine started to do that regularly, I switched them over to Sterilite bins (like Rubbermaid). For the boxes that are covered, I use a tall bin inside of a wood box with an entranceway to the litter.