6 week old babies, gone

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Four kittens, barely 6 weeks old & their mother were euthanized this morning. Mom had previously tested FeLV-. Well, her babies were very ill, so went to the vet. One tested FeLV +, one FeLV-. They were very ill otherwise. So they got sent to the bridge, mom & babies. Mommy was a white kitty!

A kitty came in looking pregnant. She's not pregnant. It's FIP. She went to the bridge this morning, too. She wasn't much older than a year, too.

I hate Humane Societies sometimes. There is no money to go to great lengths to treat those babies. There is no way to quarantine them to treat them. If someone had bothered to spay mom, she'd at least be alive today & those babies wouldn't have suffered.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rest In Peace Babies ........... now you will be healthy and know what love is.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i certainly don't envy you your job at the shelter... i don't know how you do it.
at least they're all happy & healthy now...

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP little ones. Nat, it isnt the HS's fault, it is Joe Public who can't be bothered to spay, and yet again, rescues have to pick up the pieces and innocent animals have to suffer.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

Nat, it isnt the HS's fault, it is Joe Public who can't be bothered to spay, and yet again, rescues have to pick up the pieces and innocent animals have to suffer.
That's so true.

Play happily over the bridge you sweet angels

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i certainly don't envy you your job at the shelter... i don't know how you do it.
at least they're all happy & healthy now...
I don't know how they do it either, I would never want a job like that. I think certain people can only work there.

I am happy that all the kitties are now healthy again, and I hope they are having fun at the Bridge.

RIP Mama Kitty and her kittens

RIP other kitty