TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Behavior › Are kittens clumsy?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are kittens clumsy?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Hi all,
I've never had a kitten before, I adopted Villy when she was 8. Now we have a kitten, he is quickly teaching me how to look after him!
Are all kittens quite clumsy? He seems to rush around and bump into things quite a bit! Although it is funny I do worry about him! He even tumbled down a couple of stairs last night, but he seemed fine, he just got up, shook himself and carried on charging around!
Maybe he still has to learn how to be graceful and careful?!
post #2 of 15
Yes they can be

Jacks got that wobby head that they sometimes have as well.

I suppose it's like babies when you sit them up and they fall back down
post #3 of 15
That's what makes kittens so much fun to watch.

We had one who walked up to my Dad and stopped at his toes. He then started looking up all of my Dad's 6 feet and eventually toppled backwards. We also like it when they first start washing their rumps and will roll over backwards.
post #4 of 15
Yep - think of it as babies just learning to walk/run - they trip and fall. Up to about 2-3 months old they will be a little "clumsy" at times but soon learn the ropes.

And until they are big enough to actually jump on a chair/sofa/bed, they will "climb" it part way
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Phew - I'm so glad he's normal! He's sooo funny! Yesterday he tried to jump a gap and didn't quite make it, and just plopped onto the floor in front of the sofa - hilarious!
post #6 of 15
Enjoy it while you can ..... this stage ends waaaaayyy too soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessy View Post
Phew - I'm so glad he's normal! He's sooo funny! Yesterday he tried to jump a gap and didn't quite make it, and just plopped onto the floor in front of the sofa - hilarious!
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
Ok, I am. He just falls asleep anywhere, right now he's fallen asleep at my feet!
post #8 of 15
I've got my feet up now as i type, and Jack just flopped down across my shins like a ragdoll
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Aw, Susan, that must be so lovely My kitten is on my lap now, and Villy is sitting on the floor near us. It's lovely to be surrounded by kits isn't it! I love your new sig, it's fantastic that they are all getting on so well so soon.
Just now I was sitting on the sofa and I closed my eyes for a sec, and the kitten was sitting above me watching, and he gently touched my eyes with his paw until I opened them again! He did this a couple of times when I fell asleep on the sofa! I wonder what he wants!
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessy View Post
My kitten is on my lap now, and Villy is sitting on the floor near us.
That's good that Villys sitting near you both Keep reaching down though and give Villy the odd scritch behind her ear and tell her that she's mums precious girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessy View Post
Just now I was sitting on the sofa and I closed my eyes for a sec, and the kitten was sitting above me watching, and he gently touched my eyes with his paw until I opened them again! He did this a couple of times when I fell asleep on the sofa! I wonder what he wants!
He might be able to see his reflection in your eyes because Sophie used to do that when she was a baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessy View Post
I love your new sig, it's fantastic that they are all getting on so well so soon.
Karen did it for me
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Thanks, Villy's getting lots of fuss too, she wasn't near enough to fuss just then though. She was just upstairs and she started this meeow, MEOW, meeeoooow, so I called up to her and went running up as I thought something was wrong, and when I got there she lead me into the bedroom and looked at the bed - she's telling me come on meowmy it's bed time! (She sleeps on the bed) so goodnight all, I've been told!!!
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessy View Post
she's telling me come on meowmy it's bed time! (She sleeps on the bed) so goodnight all, I've been told!!!
Awwwwwww Villy Night night and don't hiss at your brother as much tomorrow
post #13 of 15
Sounds perfectly normal to me, I love that clumsy stage! I found that Radar went through another one at about 7 months when he had a growth spurt, it was as if it took him a couple of weeks to adjust to his new size - but tbh he is still quite a clumsy cat - it's part of his charm
post #14 of 15
Harry, Ron, and Hermione are clumsy right now, and it's SO cute! Ron was looking off of a step, and he fell off right into an old dog watering bowl...that was funny. Hermione seems to be getting the hang of it, but she does trip sometimes when she tries to run. Harry's about the same...I don't want this stage to end cause it's so funny!
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post

And until they are big enough to actually jump on a chair/sofa/bed, they will "climb" it part way
My new kitten Sherman does this. it's not really a problem until he tries to jump in your lap and ends up "climbing" your legs. LOL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Behavior
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Behavior › Are kittens clumsy?