Horrible news

inspiredelement

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

We lost Gracies kitten, Angel, about an hour ago. The sweet little girl passed away in her sleep from what we do not know.

I am truely devastated by this, I fell in love with her. She was 6 days old.

Gracie is sad, you know that was her only kitten. She keeps getting into the box with her(we're leaving angel there for her to understand she is gone..) and licking her, then meowing at her and waiting for her to get up.

I feel terrible for both her and angel.
I wish she could have at least lived long enough to open her eyes and hear.

brittany_nicole

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you and Gracie are feeling better soon.

I feel so bad for Gracie. Reading how she acts around Angel's body is so sad. I can't imagine how it would feel like losing a child when it was only 6 days old.

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Reading about how Gracie is reacting is breaking my heart! You poor things.
I'm so sorry.

isisbaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear.
Me & Isis send Gracie & you our condolances & many hugs.

taiwancat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss...lots of hugs and warm meows from Hunter and me!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hon, I'm so sorry. Losing any kitty is hard, but especially one so young. Just keep remembering that in her short 6 days she had so much love. Be there for Gracie, now. She's going to feel lost for a while yet. Hugs to both of you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

inspiredelement

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone. Yet again I am writing in tears since it have been exactly one day since Angel left us.

Gracie is doing very bad today. During the night she moved angel from her box to the middle of our living room, my mom came out and saw her watching over the body.

After she stopped watching over her body and left, my mom removed Angel and placed her in a blanket in a box.
I came out hours later to find Gracie sitting in the living room with her head hung low, staring at the floor where Angel had been. She is lost in her own world right now.

She's taken to laying on the chair in the living room all day today, not sleeping or resting, just laying there on her stomach watching and grieving. She is not even purring if we love on her, like she usually does. In fact, she has gotten pretty distant, and will turn her head away from you. I think she just needs time to mourn over her loss.
Every now and then she will go check her box to see if her baby has returned, and is depressingly disappointed every time that her child won't return her calls.

I feel horribly for her, if I am feeling this terrible about losing Angel, I can't even imagine how she feels, losing her only child.

Thank you all again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

inspiredelement

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thought I would share the touching picture I have of Gracie and Angel together, on her 2nd day on earth.

nothing greater then a mothers love

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this does not sound crass or unfeeling, but have you asked a vet or shelter if one of them might have a baby that needs fostering? It might help poor Gracie not to feel so lost, and save a little life in the process.
I hope she is feeling better.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by InspiredElement

Thought I would share the touching picture I have of Gracie and Angel together, on her 2nd day on earth.

nothing greater then a mothers love
What a sweet picture.

Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I hope this does not sound crass or unfeeling, but have you asked a vet or shelter if one of them might have a baby that needs fostering? It might help poor Gracie not to feel so lost, and save a little life in the process.
I hope she is feeling better.
I actually thought the same thing, it might be just what Gracie needs.
Bless her little heart.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

I actually thought the same thing, it might be just what Gracie needs.
Bless her little heart.
i thought that, too. if you think you can, check soon, before her milk supply dries up. i think it'd be good for her & for the poor orphaned kits...