Michigan Meet-up!!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright... All these meet-ups are making me jealous!!!

Ok, Lets round up all our Michiganders again and see if we can't do a meet-up! I know last year we did a mid-state meet-up but I know that I won't be able to make it that far this year as I have bad brakes!! So I was thinking of maybe a west coast Michigan meet-up maybe near GR or something like Michigans Adventures or one of the museums or such! Anyone interested or have any ideas???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard that too and have never been there yet! We thought about that as a possiblitly last year but ended up choosing mid state to get a bigger meet-up!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea cause I think I was the only "east-side" Michigan going

Let's all do a trip to Mackinaw or go up North somewhere!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I could donate my cottage for the get together... (Near Fremont) Silly Jilly knows where that is.
That would be a haul for you though Jenney, are you game?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sort of. I googled Fremont, MI yesterday and all I came up with was Fremont, IN., just south of Coldwater.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Yea cause I think I was the only "east-side" Michigan going

Let's all do a trip to Mackinaw or go up North somewhere!
Yeah, I was the only West Coaster to show!!
Turned out nice anyways!

Originally Posted by crittergirl

I could donate my cottage for the get together... (Near Fremont) Silly Jilly knows where that is.
That would be a haul for you though Jenney, are you game?
That would be neat!

Originally Posted by lunasmom

Sort of. I googled Fremont, MI yesterday and all I came up with was Fremont, IN., just south of Coldwater.
Jenny I'll PM you a little map thing! It's not too far, actually my mom is buried in Fremont, and I grew up is Hesperia! (VERY TINY little town more north of Fremont)

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also PM'd Linda (stampit3d) though I'm not sure exactly where in MI she is.
Got to look up and see if LuvMySphynx is still a member! I love to meet her, she was really nice. Last year a family thing came up last minute and she couldn't come to the meet-up!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is cflint still a member? I think her handle was that...I can't remember...I just remembered what they looked like

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's CFlynt or maybe it was an I. I did find two other MI members (carrie640 & meow meow) and I'm going to PM them and tell them of this thread and see what happens.

carrie640

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well...HEY! I know where Fremont is. Ironically enough, my Grandma lives north of Holton (near the Oceana County line) and only about 8 miles west of Fremont! HA! I used to go fishing on Fremont Lake as a kid. Fremont is also just west of Newyago if you know where that is.

I would be up for MI Adventure, although I've never been there. I know I am DYING to ride a roller coaster and I haven't had a chance to get to Cedar Point lately!

But..not sure how I would work it. I've got two small kids (3 and 6mos) and I am a SAHM...soooo...Hm. I would have to figure something out.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been to Michigan's Adventure in years and year but I really do like it and they have the water park too so that would be nice with the weather for those interested in it.

My DH says too we could go down to the beach too. Pere Marquette here is really really nice. Clean beach and lots of room.

Oh... I also PM'd Luvmyphynx as she was on today or yesterday so even though I haven't seen her in a while in here she's still with us. So I sent one off to her!

Anyone with any more time setting dates or plans to suggest?

I am free Sundays for sure and right now Mondays too. The mondays may change the close to school starting! I can finagle other times off sometimes too... so let's try to figure something out! Before it snows!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So before January?? OK I can handle that.

I can honestly say I have never been to MI Adventure, so I'm gamed for that. Just point me to the Merry-Go-Round

We could also go on the Kellogg's tour and get a free cereal box at the end

My Saturdays are free after August 11 (last day of class). Otherwise Sundays are my only full day.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the heads up Jill!

If time allows I'd LOVE to be part of a MI meet up. I'm only a few minutes south of the MI/IN state line and we just made the drive up the Mackinac for our wedding last month. Are husbands/SO's allowed to come? I don't think it's a drive I'd want to make alone.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in Michigan but unfortunately I can not go to Michigan Adventure because of my health. Now if you guys ever decide to meet up at a cat show that would be a possibility for me.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a search for Michigan peeps in the New Cats on the block forum. I PM'd Kerryv, Pookie-poo, and skkelly. I don't know if they're still online or not as those 3 haven't posted for a few months. Thought I would take a chance though.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Thanks for the heads up Jill!

If time allows I'd LOVE to be part of a MI meet up. I'm only a few minutes south of the MI/IN state line and we just made the drive up the Mackinac for our wedding last month. Are husbands/SO's allowed to come? I don't think it's a drive I'd want to make alone.
I am in Southwest MI so I could always meet you somewhere and you would not have to make the whole drive alone. Jenney, you could head up 94 and meet too, it may take some of the drive off of you as well...