I'm all moved into the new house!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so it's 2:30 in the afternoon here, and I've been at work since 7AM and totally forgot to update you guys! Sorry!

So, I'm all moved into the house! (For those of you who keep track.) It went very well!

We originally thought we were going to put PHX in our new bedroom with all of his stuff and keep him in there all day while we move stuff in. NOPE! He sat and meowed and meowed and meowed... did I mention that he meowed? Yeah, it was really sad to hear him. So, we let him out!
We let him check out the new place and he instantly stopped meowing. I think he just didn't like being locked up all alone in a new place.

He searched the new house, and liked it! The whole first part of the day he still sat in the bedroom with all his stuff, but with the door open. He personally just decided that's where he'd rather be. Then after we were all done moving and just relaxing around the house PHX decided to come out and lay with me in the chair. Ever since then he's been totally cool with the new house! I really got myself worked up over nothing, it was easy!

kelly anne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's great!
Of course, I haven't been following your story, I just joined...
But I know how worried you can get about moving- I was so worried about Toby when I moved into my first house last year, and all for nothing... I think I was more stressed than he was!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kelly Anne

That's great!
Of course, I haven't been following your story, I just joined...
But I know how worried you can get about moving- I was so worried about Toby when I moved into my first house last year, and all for nothing... I think I was more stressed than he was!
I know I was more freaked out about his whole situation, and now PHX loves the place! He has tripled his living arrangements! LOL, he was OK with the place the first night there! I'm so proud of him!

kelly anne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fantastic!
The whole time I was living in my parents' guest cottage (about 2 or 3 months) Toby kept casting these meaningful glances that said "you could do much better".
He was happy with the move! I expect pictures!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, we moved from a 1 bedroom loft condo to a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house! PHX loves all the room he has to play now!

We took pictures but need to go drop off the camera to get developed then I'll show everyone pics! I feel bad because I haven't even shown pics of PHX yet!
But I have pics of him on this roll of film. When we first moved in we had pics taken of me and my boyfriend in front of the house, holding PHX!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great news! How does he like stairs?

I am glad that everything went so smoothly for you. Do you have room now to start that sports card business from home?

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

That is great news! How does he like stairs?

I am glad that everything went so smoothly for you. Do you have room now to start that sports card business from home?
We actually live in a 3 bedroom-1 story- house! There are no stairs here... At our last place we lived in a 1 bedroom vaulted ceiling condo WITH stairs. He loved the stairs there!

We have 3 bedrooms here...
1st bedroom: me and boyfriend
2nd bedroom: our friend
3rd bedroom: baseball cards

Now we just have to go pick up the baseball cards in San Fransico and we have the room for them so we won't have to pay storage fees at a storage unit!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

We actually live in a 3 bedroom-1 story- house! There are no stairs here... At our last place we lived in a 1 bedroom vaulted ceiling condo WITH stairs. He loved the stairs there!

We have 3 bedrooms here...
1st bedroom: me and boyfriend
2nd bedroom: our friend
3rd bedroom: baseball cards

Now we just have to go pick up the baseball cards in San Fransico and we have the room for them so we won't have to pay storage fees at a storage unit!
Don't forget to get extra insurance coverage for them!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My old land lord is being a real prick

Have you ever heard of a landlord making you go through and paint in any scratches on the walls?

There were just a few places where my couch had rubbed up against the wall, but still... Plus I had to fill in every nail hole. He said that the oven was clean, but it looked smeary... so we he wanted me to go un-smear it! I still haven't given him my keys yet because he has to go and look it over AGAIN! Then he decides if I get my deposit back.

I didn't pay the fines so he is taking that out of my deposit...

It wasn't that nice of a place to begin with! When I first moved in the walls were yellow (my dad painted the place), and it smelled like cigerette smoke really bad (even though he denies anyone EVER smoked there!). When I moved in there were holes in the walls (my dad fixed them).

Why is he being a prick??

I'm so glad I moved
My new landlord is a lot easier to get along with! He just gave me the keys and I haven't talked to him since
. He should be coming over pretty soon to bring me new shades for the living room

Sorry I had to vent!

Thank you guys for all of your support!!!! Your the best!

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear everything went well.I hope it goes as smooth for my two as it did for PHX, we move this Saturday and I am a bundle of nerves.Best wishes in your new home

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catmomof2

I'm glad to hear everything went well.I hope it goes as smooth for my two as it did for PHX, we move this Saturday and I am a bundle of nerves.Best wishes in your new home
I'm sure your move will be fine!
You are probably like me- worrying that they won't adjust... but they are actually doing just fine!
Good luck!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

I know....
How would I even go abouts doing that?
Call the place that is doing your home/rental insurance and ask them to add it to the coverage. make them put the cards separately in the policy due to their value.