I have a Watchcat!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Strangest thing happened on Saturday afternoon.

I was taking a break from packing and was sitting in the livingroom where Ginger was in the window to my left and Ferris was half-snoozing on the top of the cat condo. (Penny was passed out on my roomie's bed in the other room, where she pretty much spent the whole day.)

Suddenly, I heard a growling noise coming from somewhere behind me in the room. The three cats weren't anywhere near each other, so I wondered why the growling?

I looked at Ginger, and heard the noise again, so now I KNEW it wasn't her, it was Ferris. I turned and looked at him, and sure enough, it was coming from him: he was on point, and as I looked at him, he jumped off the top of the cat tree and ran onto the back of the couch closest to the front windows, growling even louder!

Then I heard someone come up the front stairs and knock on the door to the outer hallway, and heard the voice of my landlady as she let in her guest. As soon as the person was in and it was clear that they were NOT coming into our apartment, Ferris stopped growling, and started grooming himself.

Later that night I told my roomie about it, and he says he's witnessed Ferris growling out the window at passerby before. I had no idea!

Not TOO territorial, is he?

I haven't heard him bark yet, though.

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good boy Ferris!
I have 2 that do that too when they hear someone approaching the front door. Only thing is they growl up until someone knocks on the door and then they hide under the couch! LOL

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG that is hilarious!

Originally Posted by TiffanyL

Good boy Ferris!
I have 2 that do that too when they hear someone approaching the front door. Only thing is they growl up until someone knocks on the door and then they hide under the couch! LOL

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cindy's my growler, but she makes herself scarce when the "intruder" gets close -- even when she knows said "intruder" -- can't count how many times I've scoffed at her "Silly kitty! it's only Daddy!"

Ferris is a good boy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too funny.

When people actually DO come to my door and come in, Ferris is NOWHERE to be found.

Penny has become the official greeter with Ginger not far on her heels.

But
I love that Ferris cares about us so much.