harry pottor the new movie

louisa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
has an one watched it!!! i saw it on friday and it was a disapointment... not as good as the book and after all the money they spent you would think they would be make a decent film, they skipped so much and it was all in the wrong order and
i feel i wasted my money it was just the worst harry pottor i have seen although daniel looked rather hot
all the action was in the last like 10mins and it just didnt feel right it wasnt believeable like the first bunch

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read all the books and the movies are never as good, but I am just glad they have the movies too.
I always know if I read the book before a movie, I will be in for a disappointment. The movies are never near as good as a good book. But overall, I liked the movie, I saw it in IMAX.

My concern is the cast is getting so darn old and they still have two more movies to go!
They better hurry!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was good, but certainly not the best of the movies. I think it was better if you saw the others, I wouldn't want to have gone into that without any HP knowledge.

In fact, as we were leaving the theater, I heard an elderly gentleman say to his companion "Who was the guy with no nose?" She replied "I think he works for Voldemort"...part of me wanted to stop and explain...the wiser part said, go about your business, move along.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The movies are leaving out soooo much that I doubt someone that hadn't read the books could really follow what is going on.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw it last night at the drive in. I liked it, but it definitly wasn't as good as the other ones. I found it a little harder to follow than the others. I don't read the books because I don't like to know what happens before I see the movie. I am going to read all the books eventually though.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really liked it. I went to see it for the 2nd time today and liked it even more than first time. I still like the third movie the best in terms of style and direction, but this is a close runner up. I'm glad it didn't spend ages recapping and explaining things for non Potter fans - at this stage of the series I think it's reasonable to expect people to have seen the other movies - it is, after all, one in a series - and if you have there's nothing that wouldn't be explained in them. Although I enjoyed book 5 it was definitely bloated and over long. We'd have been sat in the cinema all day if it hadn't been pared down for the movie. I did miss some scenes but that was just because I would have liked them to be there, not that I felt they needed to be.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw it Saturday night, and thought it was pretty good. I didnt like how they did the Weasley brother's depart from the school. There was supposed to be a swamp and everything, and something about their joke shop. I thought that wouldve been done much better. The ending was pretty good though, except the last couple of minutes - It was just as stupid as Goblet of Fire's last couple of minutes.

I'm gonna go see it one more time - this time in IMAX 3D! With the last half hour in 3D. It's gonna be great!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want the full story, you have to read the book. A movie can only have some of the parts... I was looking forward to seeing Sirius Black's mother but they can't fit everything in. I thought it was great!

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree with what everyone else is saying. When the book is over 800 pages long, there is just no way you can fit everything into a 2 hour movie (and this one is only 2 hours right?). We haven't seen it yet. Dd wants to see it, and I know we'll take her, it's just a matter of when.

When we saw #4, the kids were mad b/c there was no mention of S.P.E.W (read the book to find out what it is, it's too funny) at all. Or any of the other side stories. So I'm assuming the same thing was done with #5. It's been quite some time since I read #5.

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

My concern is the cast is getting so darn old and they still have two more movies to go!
They better hurry!
I was thinking that too. I am glad that they have kept the same cast though. i really think it makes the sequels better when they have the original people. I remember reading something a long time ago that they were going to change the actors and I am so glad they didnt. Might not have wanted to watch anymore of them...

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While we were visiting my parents this weekend, my mom & younger brother went to see it. She said it was highly disappointing. I havent seen any of the movies since the first one way back in like 2001 though.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i saw it tonight (wanted to avoid the crowds) and I really liked it. I am ok with the stuff they left out, but my biggest concern was 'why in god's name did everyone buy Mrs. Weasley say MERRY christmas' she was the only one who said HAPPY christmas, isn't that the normal saying?

oh - and percy looked weird. was he cgi? it's too bad they didn't actually refer to him, anyone who hadn't seen the movies or read the book in a while may have forgotten that he was a traitor.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen the new one yet. I'm rereading number 5 right now before I go and watch it. I was very disappointed with Prisoner of Azkaban...to me that was the worst movie so far. They left so much out, changed too much, and nothing was followed very correctly. The books are always better than the movie. I thought 4 was much better than 3 and hope 5 will be better than 3. I just hate movie number 3!
I'll see order of the phoenix at the end of the month.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

I saw it Saturday night, and thought it was pretty good. I didnt like how they did the Weasley brother's depart from the school. There was supposed to be a swamp and everything, and something about their joke shop. I thought that wouldve been done much better. The ending was pretty good though, except the last couple of minutes - It was just as stupid as Goblet of Fire's last couple of minutes.

I'm gonna go see it one more time - this time in IMAX 3D! With the last half hour in 3D. It's gonna be great!
I totally agree with the Weasleys departure.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw it saturday night. It was alright, but I liked the other 4 better.
I agree with the others saying the books are better.
They just can't fit all of the novel into a movie... If they did it'd be a heck of a long movie!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I was very disappointed with Prisoner of Azkaban...to me that was the worst movie so far.
Really? I thought PoA was by far the best, although I'm liking the new one lots now. I loved the way the time theme was brought out and the overall feel of it. For me it was the first one that seemed cinematic - the first 2 felt more like tv series and sort of plodded along. Book 3 has a lot of exposition that is difficult to translate onto screen but I thought it was done very well.

Originally Posted by Renovia

i saw it tonight (wanted to avoid the crowds) and I really liked it. I am ok with the stuff they left out, but my biggest concern was 'why in god's name did everyone buy Mrs. Weasley say MERRY christmas' she was the only one who said HAPPY christmas, isn't that the normal saying?
Merry Christmas is probably said more often over here.

pinkrhinos4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by louisa

has an one watched it!!! i saw it on friday and it was a disapointment... not as good as the book and after all the money they spent you would think they would be make a decent film, they skipped so much and it was all in the wrong order and
i feel i wasted my money it was just the worst harry pottor i have seen although daniel looked rather hot
all the action was in the last like 10mins and it just didnt feel right it wasnt believeable like the first bunch
I went to see it on sunday and I was very disspointed too.. It seemed as though they had missed a really big bit out of it. I agree it was the worse harry potter film the one before that was miles times better...

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

Really? I thought PoA was by far the best, although I'm liking the new one lots now. I loved the way the time theme was brought out and the overall feel of it. For me it was the first one that seemed cinematic - the first 2 felt more like tv series and sort of plodded along. Book 3 has a lot of exposition that is difficult to translate onto screen but I thought it was done very well.

Merry Christmas is probably said more often over here.
really, didn't know. they made a really big deal in the first two movies about saying 'happy' christmas .....i just thought it was weird to change...