Weekend fun! (with pics)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We went and stayed at a friend's 200 acre family ranch over the weekend. It was so much fun! We played in a nearby river where there was some small rapids, swam in their swimming pond, and played with their dogs - a 3 month old Labrador and an 18 month old Viszla.

The lab loved to play, but as soon as he got tired he turned into a snuggler - just had to be nearby cuddling. He came with us on a walk and got scared by some cows, and on the way back past them again he cowered behind my legs and tried to run away, so I had to pick him up and carry him past the big scary cows
The Vizsla was just all energy - he could play all day and loved chasing anything that moved on the property, and would just bound into the pond when he got hot to cool off, and once he was done playing, he would come up and plonk his butt in your lap for a cuddle - such a sweetheart!!!

It was so nice to have a relaxing weekend away just lazing around in a gorgeous part of California.

The river

The pond on the property

The dogs

Naptime after a heavy day of playing!!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds great!
Those dogs are gorgeous and I`m not really a dog person

Love the pictures. Would love to go somewhere like that!

Glad you had a good time!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a ton of fun! I love how blue that pond is!!! Makes it look so warm and inviting!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful! I would so be at that river all day
very peaceful

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a beautiful place to spend the weekend relaxing ........

and OMG this pic is way beyond precious!!!!!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks so relaxing! My godmother had a Vizla for many years - Twotwo was the sweetest thing.

Glad you had a great time.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the dogs!
Vizslas are so much fun, they could run & play all day long....

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That pond looks so relaxing
Love the picture of the tired pooches, they are adorable

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd never heard of a Vizsla before and he was just to charming. He was in and out of the water all day and yet he didn't smell like "wet dog" at all. Apparently they don't have an undercoat which helps keep the smells away.

If we got a dog, a Vizsla would definitely be high on my list. I just loved how he'd sit in your lap - didn't care that he was 50+ lbs, he just wanted a cuddle! Definitely a fun weekend, I love having good connections...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's another doggie pic - awwwwww

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vizsla are very high energy - Two two required much walking/running etc. She did develop bad cateracts and artritis when she was about 10 years old and then cancer.

I believe the artritis is a breed issues - them being so large, etc.

I can say she was great with kids.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! That place is gorgeous! I'm not an outdoors-type person and usually my idea of getting "with nature" is opening up my apartment window, but wow!!! I think I could even be enticed to go outside and sit in the shade there

Those dogs are gorgeous too, and I love the sleepy dog picture too. That little beige one looks like he's in heave sitting on your lap getting ear rubs.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just love the Vizsla's face....they've got a sorta hound thing going on. And the wiggly bum so many have....I am a sucker for wiggly bums.