Is anyone going to wait in line at midnight....

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
on Friday to get the new Harry Potter book?

I am! Crazy I know. I just can't wait!! You would think that since I am an adult, that I wouldn't be so excited about this... BUT I AM! hehehe

I don't have to work on Saturday, so I figure I should be able to read most of it this weekend!

Anyone else?

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've already pre-ordered it so we'll be in line to get the book, but we've already got it ordered. We're assured a copy.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW! Is that this friday??? I am rereading 5 right now and then will reread 6 before I even touch 7! I better get to reading!!!
I preordered with Amazon and will receive it on the release date. I knew that the line for the last book would be chaotic so I chose to preorder...

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[font= "Comic Sans MS"]Nobody attack me (
) but I'm not that into Harry Potter... I read up to the middle of #5 and quit, I dunno, just got bored. It seems that everything is all the same, in the fact that the mood was depressing the whole dang time and Harry just seems to get more depressed and more depressed... LOL. Just not my kind of book, I guess... I loved the movies though, my favorite so far is the Prisoner of Askaban one... Haven't seen the new one.
[/font]

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always wanted to read the books- but I never have
I've only watched one of the movies & enjoyed it... but maybe someday I'll get around to reading the books.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KuntryKitty

[font= "Comic Sans MS"]Nobody attack me (
) but I'm not that into Harry Potter... I read up to the middle of #5 and quit, I dunno, just got bored. It seems that everything is all the same, in the fact that the mood was depressing the whole dang time and Harry just seems to get more depressed and more depressed... LOL. Just not my kind of book, I guess... I loved the movies though, my favorite so far is the Prisoner of Askaban one... Haven't seen the new one.
[/font]
I know what you mean about #5. He was very depressed and pissed off during most of that book. The other ones didn't make you want to keep going though? The movie that is out in theaters now is #5. I wonder how it compares to the book....

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ummmm....no. I will not be losing sleep over Harry Potter
You don't know what you are missing!!
I think I like to imagine what it would be like to be a young wizard. How cool would that have been growing up? I don't know why it fascinates me so.

Originally Posted by babyharley

I've always wanted to read the books- but I never have
I've only watched one of the movies & enjoyed it... but maybe someday I'll get around to reading the books.
The books are so much better than the movies. I just read them all this past December... then I re-watched the movies and was very disappointed. When I watched the movies first, I loved them though. It is still not going to stop me from watching the new movie!

Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Mine is being delivered first thing Saturday morning
I can't wait that long!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope! LOL

I can't see me wanting to see, buy or read anything so badly that I will wait in line in the middle of the night to get it.

Are those books any good by the way? I've seen a couple of the movies after they were out on television, but I've never read any of the books.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Are those books any good by the way? I've seen a couple of the movies after they were out on television, but I've never read any of the books.
I think they are the best books. I have never read books as fast as these. I just can't put them down. During my last Christmas break, I read 4 of them in 8 days... maybe 10, but not much more than that. Had to get them read before I went back to school.

They aren't boring to me like most books are. They flow so fast, and the things she talks about are fictional, so you just imagine what they might look like. I dunno. I love them. I hate that this is the last one.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am not going to go all out just to get the last one. I will be waiting til Monday before I go out and buying it - the girl in the store that I frequent said that the store alone (in a chain of stores) has ordered 13,000 copies of the book so I think there are plenty to go around.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one reserved at Barnes and Nobles...hopefully I can go wait there and meet people while I'm waiting to get it.
Hopefully I can!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I pre-ordered from Amazon but was cheap and went with the free shipping. They are saying it will be delivered 7/25-7/27. But if it is anything like the previous couple of years, it will be here Saturday morning. I think the distribution is too expensive to split between the Saturday delivery and the slower version. We will see. DH is reading it first anyway so I get to wait.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

We've already pre-ordered it so we'll be in line to get the book, but we've already got it ordered. We're assured a copy.
i've reserved one, as well. the girl at the B&N started explaining, "they go on sale Saturday morning at midnight, & the party..." & i told her, "that's ok... i'm not coming in when there's hordes of crazy people here." i'm going in on sunday afternoon to pick up mine. she said they'd hold it until then.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heck, no. I pre-ordered from Amazon, back in January. Next Saturday, mine will be waiting on the doorstep, when I get home from work.

Since I'm off on Sunday, I have a bag of M & Ms, I'm stocked up on Pepsi and there's a fluffy pillow on the couch - I'm all set.