Purina Pro Plan Chicken & Rice, Anyone Feed?

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This food?

how have you liked it? i'm still looking for something else my youngest will eat, i have tried a million and one foods with him and he turns his nose up at most of them

TY!

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've never tried it because IMO it's not the best food.... but have you tried feeding wet food? Some cats will gobble down wet before they'd touch dry... but with some it's the other way around. I've recently discovered that sprinkling brewer's yeast on the food will get them to devour it in a flash. My cat is super picky and just a sprinkling of brewer's yeast gets her to dive right in. Keep trying!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have found my little ones LOVED it!! and it is better then alot of foods out there, so if they will eat it, its fine. But i would try to add wet food to their diet too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TickyTat

I've never tried it because IMO it's not the best food.... but have you tried feeding wet food? Some cats will gobble down wet before they'd touch dry... but with some it's the other way around. I've recently discovered that sprinkling brewer's yeast on the food will get them to devour it in a flash. My cat is super picky and just a sprinkling of brewer's yeast gets her to dive right in. Keep trying!
no, probably isn't the best but i have tried many that are considered to be and he won't eat them .. he's on nutro natural choice indoor care and the other two eat California naturals but he won't, i like a couple kibble choices so this was one i had a sample of and he did like it when offered.

They all get wet, twice a day

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

i have found my little ones LOVED it!! and it is better then alot of foods out there, so if they will eat it, its fine. But i would try to add wet food to their diet too.
yeah, i don't think it's as good as the california naturals my other two will eat but i don't think it's too bad and i have tried so many with him and he just won't eat them..
picky, picky boy lol

they all get wet, twice daily

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Long time ago someone told me never to feed the ProPlan cat food - it made the coats too dry. So I never tried it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NOT the worst but FAR FAR from the best and NOW you cant garentee that it is made in the USA

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Blossom Purina One kitten dry & she's done ok on it. My son's dog Sooty has also been fed Purina One dog food & did better on it than cheaper supermarket foods. The Pro Plan is more expensive & in Oz you need to get it from a pet warehouse which isn't always convenient.

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my 3 month old seems to like the purina 1 chicken and rice,on her second container!

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The only other food i can think of to try would be felidae chicken & rice, recently one of the shops i buy food at has brought that in.

i would really like him off of food w/corn in it but trouble is he has way different ideas.. at least the other two are co-operative

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If he issist s on a food with corn in it .. He is telling you something.. that is likely he needs some ... For some it is a neautral grain( not likely to cause inflamation or stiffness ) or for what it does for UTI health...

My vet has a paper about foods ... Her suggestion is avoid by products , chemical prervatives and any coloring s ... She put s a paragraph in about corn ... just to make sure it is not the main protein source but a little is fine

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

If he issist s on a food with corn in it .. He is telling you something.. that is likely he needs some ... For some it is a neautral grain( not likely to cause inflamation or stiffness ) or for what it does for UTI health...

My vet has a paper about foods ... Her suggestion is avoid by products , chemical prervatives and any coloring s ... She put s a paragraph in about corn ... just to make sure it is not the main protein source but a little is fine
interesting!

it's all so confusing, their are so many conflicting pieces of info on corn being in food for cats, it's hard to sort out what is the right balance.

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

a friend of mine used to feed it. her cats did well on it, but their coats were much drier than i would have liked.
hmmm..

Thanks! good to know.