Getting irritated when he feeds the kitties...how about you?

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Who feeds the kitties in your household and if you don't do it, do you get a little irritated when you suspect someone else did it wrong?

My significant other gets up earlier than me on certain days and the cats will be meowing for food so I'll let him feed them, but when 12 rolls around and they come to me screaming because they're hungry, I know he just didn't do it right.

I like doing it, I know what they like, and I know how much to feed in each portion.

LoL I wish I could train him to know....but god bless him for trying to help I guess.

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I let my husband feed them.....although I don't think he pays as much attention to portions as I do.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I do all the feeding, except in August, when I'm away. I know DH doesn't feed Jamie right, because Jamie always gains weight when I'm away.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For awhile the cat was getting fed twice and getting huge. We made a rule at my house, only one person feeds the cat period. It works well

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do the dry food and water for the cats. DH feeds and waters the dogs. DH usually feeds the feral cats except when they are on meds in which case I have a better touch with them.

We both tag team our evening canned food meal for the cats. That's when we slip their medicines into their foods and we have to make sure that the right cat eats from the right bowl. It's very difficult to watch over when only one of us is home to do it. But either one of us can do it, and we both understand how important it is to get it right (their lives are on the line). So I have no complaints against DH.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really don't let Brad feed the kitties unless I absolutely cannot do it for some reason. He just isn't used to it and it makes it stressful for all of them combined.
Luna has to be fed first and up high, the rest have to be fed one at a time and on a certain order but Rocket is very pushy and makes it hard to get the food down before he's in it. So, I'm the food giver unless like I said, It's absolutely necessary for him to do it.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG My mother is driving me nuts! When all three of us are home, 5 kitties like to eat with DH at 5am. When she gets up at 7am they beg and she gives in. She also likes to leave some can food out for the 2 that hide all day but the two piggies eat it instead.

Now we have a dry eraser board with all the cats names and "x" it when we feed someone.

I usually give out dinner and make sure no one steals or bullies for more food.

When DH & I were on vacation they all ate at 7am but the 2 piggies were spoiled with more food.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope - DH feeds them all breakfast (probably gives a little more dry food then I do, but they are ok - not fat). I feed them supper

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I give Riley his can food each morning and evening. His dry stays out all the time. My bf wouldn't even know where to find the food and would probably dump a whole can for him if he tried

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaniMarie

Who feeds the kitties in your household and if you don't do it, do you get a little irritated when you suspect someone else did it wrong?

My significant other gets up earlier than me on certain days and the cats will be meowing for food so I'll let him feed them, but when 12 rolls around and they come to me screaming because they're hungry, I know he just didn't do it right.

I like doing it, I know what they like, and I know how much to feed in each portion.

LoL I wish I could train him to know....but god bless him for trying to help I guess.
This sounds like the EXACT same situation I have with MY husband! And I have SHOWN him exactly how to feed them (dishes, portions and all) after getting out of bed because I heard him fumbling around in the kitchen because he'd gotten up before me! So last week I noticed he was up before me and they were all still in bed with me. I yelled from the bedroom "Did you feed them?" He goes, "Yeah, and they all ate." Okay...
So around 11 a.m., I happened to go into the fridge for something and see a can of cat food in there with the lid on. I open it up and there's like HALF A CAN OF CAT FOOD IN THE CAN! NO WONDER THEY CAME BACK TO BED WITH ME---THEY WERE TRYING TO TELL ME HE DIDN'T GIVE THEM ENOUGH FOOD!
Men!!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After Scully being on a diet for so long he knows how much to feed them and usually sticks to it quite well (although he eyeballs it compared to me with my measuring scoop)

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have DH feed my kitties their dry food (since he leaves the house after I do and the dry is intended as a snack until I get home and feed the wet meal). I was noticing all sorts of odd variation in the level of food left over. Very strange since DH is used to weighing/measuring his own food

The solution was leaving a measuring cup in the dry food container. Now he feeds them the same amount every day and we have an understanding that only one person feeds the dry food.