TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Remind me never to open my mouth outside!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Remind me never to open my mouth outside!

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I was outside a little while ago, and was getting ready to say something to John when I felt a large bug hit my tongue... I spit it out really quick and it flew away but I have no clue what it was. For a second I had a sour taste in my mouth, and I yelled for John cause I was scared. By the time he got to me, I was in pain. Something had stung me, but I still don't know what it was. Came inside, ran my tongue under cold water then stuck an ice cube to it for a few seconds. John's dad told me to pour gin over it to get rid of any poison.. good lord that BURNED! Then John put a little orajel on it to numb my tongue. It's swollen but not horribly, I just talk with a "lisp" right now . I'm not allergic so don't see the need to go to the doctor. But I'm still upset about it!
post #2 of 18
OMG, I would of freaked out no doubt about it.
I hope you feel better soon
post #3 of 18
geez what a strange thing! I hope you get better soon!
post #4 of 18
I would of flipped out!! I sure hope you feel better soon!!
post #5 of 18
Eeeek!!!!!
I'm a big baby about that stuff so would still be freaking out!!!
Feeeeeeel better!!!!
post #6 of 18
What a painful place to get stung! Ouch.
post #7 of 18
Yikes! OUCH! I hope the swelling and pain go away soon. How strange for a bug to sting so quickly... I'll never open my mouth outside again.
post #8 of 18
Ouch! Bless your heart. Hope it feels better soon!
post #9 of 18
POPSICLES! Quick, and repeatedly!
post #10 of 18
thats nasty, I hope it does not become something bad.
Heres a few that no problems develop from this nasty encounter.
post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
Thanks everyone.. It's been a couple hours now and I'm feeling a lot better. The swelling has gone down and I can barely feel it now. I've had lots of cold drinks and ice cubes though, so I know that's helped!
post #12 of 18
Oh yikes! I bet it was a bee sting

Glad its not swelling too bad.
post #13 of 18
Great Zot!! I'm glad it seems to be settling down, but what an experience!
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnwalker2 View Post
Thanks everyone.. It's been a couple hours now and I'm feeling a lot better. The swelling has gone down and I can barely feel it now. I've had lots of cold drinks and ice cubes though, so I know that's helped!
Glad to hear it is better now. That had to be scary.
post #15 of 18
Yikes! What a place to get stung! Glad you're doing better though...
post #16 of 18
Oh my that's awful! Glad your feeling better!
post #17 of 18
I was reading the beginning of the thread and laughing to myself because I thought you were going to say that you swallowed a gnat or something, ... but you got STUNG?? OMG! That is really not that funny! Well, maybe a little bit, but that is only because you said you were ok now.

I hope I never get stung on the tongue. It is bad enough to swallow a gnat...

Glad you are doing better!
post #18 of 18
Probably got a bee sting. I had one bite me in my mouth - horrible!

Glad you are feeling better.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Remind me never to open my mouth outside!