TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › DFW metroplex meet-up?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DFW metroplex meet-up?

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
the London, Ontario pix inspired me - anyone want to plan a meet? i know there are a couple of Plano people, at least!
post #2 of 21
Yes! I've been meaning to get around to suggesting something myself. Do you have any dates or locations in mind?
post #3 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
Yes! I've been meaning to get around to suggesting something myself. Do you have any dates or locations in mind?
well, i'm single, & have no life so i'm pretty open. i do have a trip coming up - i'm leaving on the 24th of july for about 8 days. but after that, i only have daytime stuff, & since most people work during the day, that shouldn't be a problem. once we know who all wants to participate, i thought we could pick a sorta 'central' location. for example - you & i could meet somewhere halfway between Plano & Sanger, like Lewisville or Carrolton, for example. depends who else wants to do it!
post #4 of 21
We probably need to give the post a week or so to get noticed by all the members in the area... I know of at least two more who will want to come!
post #5 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
We probably need to give the post a week or so to get noticed by all the members in the area... I know of at least two more who will want to come!
so, probably sometime in early August. probably have to be somewhere inside,,,
post #6 of 21
I would love to come, if I can.
We move the daughter into her new apt, beginning next week (out-of-state). Then a wedding, also out-of-state. Finally, work will be starting up......
post #7 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of 4 View Post
I would love to come, if I can.
We move the daughter into her new apt, beginning next week (out-of-state). Then a wedding, also out-of-state. Finally, work will be starting up......
what area of the metroplex do you live in?
post #8 of 21
I would love to come, but I wish you guys were closer. I'm all the way down in Killeen and work 8-5 and have already taken off for errands I really need to get done. Maybe next time...
post #9 of 21
Laureen, I live in Plano.
post #10 of 21
This sounds like a great idea...I hope it is on a day when I am off of work..Please keep me posted...
post #11 of 21
The ones we have had up here, weekends have tended to work a lot better for most people
post #12 of 21
Definitely inside! I swoon if it gets over 70.

Howbout this: everyone who would like to come, please post your location in this thread -- as specifically as you're willing to. For example, Plano is a big place -- but if I tell you I'm near Spring Creek and Coit, that gives you a better idea.

I'll map where we all are and figure out what area would be kindasorta central for all of us, then ask for some proposed sites in that area... okay?
post #13 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsRNmom View Post
This sounds like a great idea...I hope it is on a day when I am off of work..Please keep me posted...
we'll make it one - what days off do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
Definitely inside! I swoon if it gets over 70.

Howbout this: everyone who would like to come, please post your location in this thread -- as specifically as you're willing to. For example, Plano is a big place -- but if I tell you I'm near Spring Creek and Coit, that gives you a better idea.

I'll map where we all are and figure out what area would be kindasorta central for all of us, then ask for some proposed sites in that area... okay?
post #14 of 21
I live near PESH! (Plano! Plano! East! East!)
post #15 of 21
Being a nurse, I don't have any set days off. We write our new schedule about a month in advance, so if I had enough warning I could schedule myself off for that day. If by chance I am working that day, I could maybe switch with someone else to work, or I get off at 7pm. (I start at 6:30am.)

I live in Allen, Highway 75 and McDermott area...
post #16 of 21
Thread Starter 
Probably be best to set it up for a Saturday, then. more people are more likely to be available that day. right now, Sundays are my only filled days - but i'm available Sunday evenings, anytime after about 3pm. i have conflicts in August from the 6th-10th, [most of those are morning conflicts only, except on the 8th & 9th] then inservice starts on the 20th.
i'm also out of town from July 24th-August 1st.
& it looks like i'll be traveling southwards to meet y'all, since i live north of everyone.
post #17 of 21
Thanks, Laureen -- that's a good idea, everybody, to list any dates you couldn't make it, too! Do Saturdays sound good to everyone?
post #18 of 21
I will be moving my daughter to Arizona August 15-19th, so I won't be around on those dates. Off to college we go!!

I will be off Sept. 8th and 22 as far a Saturday's goes after I return. I know that I am off August 4th for sure. I know this does not leave to many dates for Saturdays in which I am off, so just make plans for you all, and I can attend after I get off or try to work out something else. It is very hard to get someone to work for me on the weekends because everyone wants them off as well.
post #19 of 21
I wish I could come!

I want to meet some Americanos!!
post #20 of 21
Thread Starter 
ok, guys - school starts for me on the 20th! i'm pretty free till then - anyone else?
post #21 of 21
The Michigan meetup reminded me that it's about time to get our DFW meetup in gear! Anyone who hasn't yet posted your location here, please do (or PM me if you'd rather) -- I'll map us all this week and figure out a good meeting area and some potential dates.

Can't wait to meet everyone!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › DFW metroplex meet-up?