Avoderm,By Nature, or Solid Gold for cats?

winterrosefairy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
went to petsmart today for some cat litter. I noticed two new cat foods. Avoderm and By Nature. I'm currently feeding Solid Gold dry food. which has not been agreeing with their tummies. I(I have 3 cats by the way) Are these two that I listed any better than Solid Gold? I'm also thinking of switching to an all wet diet with the Solid Gold. I've heard wet is a lot healthier than dry, but just worried that might worsen the loose stools

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Neither is better than Solid gold... ALL WET would be great ...

AVODERM wet and the canned By nature as well as Solid gold are very good

Avoderm dry is CORN heavy ... i beleive the second ingrediant ... that is too high for me

By nature is grainy like solid gold but it may be worth trying .... I will only use the By nature in a CAN as the pouches are MADE in CHINA

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with sharky. Only other thing I have to add is that I bought by Nature pouches...went over smashingly for like an entiere day...now I've got 15 cats who won't eat them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

winterrosefairy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! I'm just worried b/c all 3 of my cats have loose stools on the Solid Gold dry. Will putting them on all wet just make it worse? Another question. Should I get the fish or the gourmet solid Gold cans? Or both and switch it up?

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The By Nature (cans) and Avoderm (cans) are a big hit here and I'm happy with those foods. I haven't tried the BN pouch food and probably won't.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by winterrosefairy

Thanks! I'm just worried b/c all 3 of my cats have loose stools on the Solid Gold dry. Will putting them on all wet just make it worse? Another question. Should I get the fish or the gourmet solid Gold cans? Or both and switch it up?
I think wet should help the loose stool issue. The SG dry has a lot of grains.

Personally, I would lean on a different wet food brand to start out. The SG wet has a lot of fish...which is fine for most cats in moderation but I wouldn't feed it every day.

I would start out simple with one or two brands, keeping an eye on the loose stool issue and go from there. If all goes well, I would encourage rotating multiple brands/flavors of wet. The By Nature canned food is grain free and has VERY simple ingredients...basically meat, liver, and vitamins/minerals....might be a good place to start.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two liked the avoderm wet best. Then the By Nature cans, they ate very little of the By Nature pouches. They nibbled at the first meal, and by the second they wouldn't touch it.

I've never had any problem switching around wet foods. I would probably buy a can or two of each and see what goes over.

sake&pennys dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
While at the pet store yesterday I noticed the Avoderm 3oz can is made in China
while the 5.5oz says it's made in USA. I know many others love this food, but I think I"ll pass.