Colin got new blinds!!! Ones the kitties won't kill!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soo happy!!!!
Colin just got some really nice blinds today (we thought it would be a good investment in our home). They're great!!!! On our living room door and the door in our bedroom (the only ones up right now are the ones in the living room) we got the dustfree ones- that are build into a frame you attach to your door. Oh my goodness- they're wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!
I love them! They're really reasonably priced right now at Lowes too!!!!
And for the rest of the house we got the Levlor blinds (they the faux wood ones, white) they are supposed to be very hard for kitties to tear up and last a long time! I'm sooo happy!!!!!
We also wanted to get some blinds that will be safe since we would like to start a family soon/etc.
So i think it was a worth while investment. Aww i'm soo happy over these blinds!!!
I can't wait till we get them all put up. The ones we have now were left here by the previous home owners and are oh shall we say - torn up a bit

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful! I love those white-wood blinds... bet they give your place a nice fresh look! Pictures maybe?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

That's wonderful! I love those white-wood blinds... bet they give your place a nice fresh look! Pictures maybe?
They look lovely too (in the box
) The only ones we have up right now are the ones on our living room door- the built in ones. Those are just the best!!!!! I will see if i can borrow my mom's camera sometime soon to snap some pictures of them when Colin gets the rest put up
They're not even real wood- they're the faux wood ones- but they look awesome and are supposed to hold up for ages and never warp. I really like the fact that they're not going to be a strangulation hazard when we have kiddos too!!!
The prices were actually not bad at all eithor. Lowes was the cheapest place around town for them.

I've never been in a home with nice blinds before so this is all exciting to me

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OOooooOOOoooo! DH and I were just discussing replacing one set of miniblinds the girls have pretty much trashed. (Noodles took a dive at the window the other day, breaking several slats more than half way up the wall!) I'm going to look into good blinds like that when we get our house. It's not quite worth it in this place.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dust free is what got my attention. I tried cleaning mine yesterday and I did a half assed job and gave up. They're not easily removable and a pain to clean while they're hanging. I don't have to worry about Reeses wrecking ours because I usually leave the easily accessible ones open so she doesn't chew on them (she used to). Problem solved

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awesome! I need to get some for my window. Lexi was pulling my blinds over the windowsill at night so she could look out the window and breaking off the edges in the process. How much were they?

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our first house had horrible cheap blinds too... the cats tore them up in a month or so. We quickly realized we needed new blinds as well... and guess what we got... the faux wood ones!
You'll love them. I thought they looked so much nicer than regular blinds and they were still cheaper than curtains.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get that man to work!

New blinds is something we have to think of investing in. Ours are falling apart!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

OOooooOOOoooo! DH and I were just discussing replacing one set of miniblinds the girls have pretty much trashed. (Noodles took a dive at the window the other day, breaking several slats more than half way up the wall!) I'm going to look into good blinds like that when we get our house. It's not quite worth it in this place.
definitely look into the faux wood ones when you get your new house. they look sooo nice! (and they're a fraction of the price real wood ones would cost- plus they dont warp and are really easy to clean/ hard for kitties to tear up.) when you get your home- if it has doors with glass windows- you might want to consider the dust free ones that are built into the frame (you just attach it to the door) oh my goodness- they're awesome!!!!!! definitely worth the investment!

Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Dust free is what got my attention. I tried cleaning mine yesterday and I did a half assed job and gave up. They're not easily removable and a pain to clean while they're hanging. I don't have to worry about Reeses wrecking ours because I usually leave the easily accessible ones open so she doesn't chew on them (she used to). Problem solved
The best way to clean regular mini blinds is to take them completly down then fill up your bathtub with one part bleach (color safe if you have colored blinds) and one part warm water and let them soak. then rinse them off and let um dry.- my mom cleans houses for a living so that's what she tought me). The dust free ones you attach to doors are amazing though- definitely worth it!!

Originally Posted by Duchess15

That's awesome! I need to get some for my window. Lexi was pulling my blinds over the windowsill at night so she could look out the window and breaking off the edges in the process. How much were they?
I'm not sure as Colin bought them- but i think he was able to get enough for the entire house for around $300 (which yea, isn't cheap- but for the kind we got- we got a really good deal at Lowes- you may want to look there
) Our home has quite a few windows though -so we may have needed more than other homes, i suppose it just depends. But since it's an investment, we thought it was worth it- these blinds are supposed to last for a very long time.

Originally Posted by Godiva

Our first house had horrible cheap blinds too... the cats tore them up in a month or so. We quickly realized we needed new blinds as well... and guess what we got... the faux wood ones!
You'll love them. I thought they looked so much nicer than regular blinds and they were still cheaper than curtains.
Glad to hear you like them too and yours have held up well
I was hoping to hear something along those lines
They definitely make the house look much nicer already.
It makes it feel more like home being able to fix it up a bit - the faux wood blinds really add to the whole feel of the rooms
I never realized how important good blinds were till recently. The old ones we had were left behind by the previous owners- they were broken all to pieces from their kids and on top of that, Kojak had helped as well
So these new ones seem to be earning their keep already

Originally Posted by adymarie

Get that man to work!

New blinds is something we have to think of investing in. Ours are falling apart!
Haha no need, he's already done a few rooms already
He's soo excited over these blinds it cracks me up
it's great to see him taking pride in his house and wanting to keep it looking nice though.