Omg!!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is disgusting you need to put a warning for people that are easily sickened by things like that.

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

That is disgusting you need to put a warning for people that are easily sickened by things like that.
Its not DISGUSTING, its really interesting! There has been some rumors that it was auctually a human LOL. But yeah, it is bizzare.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roimata

Its not DISGUSTING, its really interesting! There has been some rumors that it was auctually a human LOL. But yeah, it is bizzare.
Oh it absolutely is and it was something that was probably deadly to the hippo and to the snake.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

And it is something that she needs to put a warning for because not all people can stomach looking at something like that.

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Oh it absolutely is and it was something that was probably deadly to the hippo and to the snake.
Its only nature. I wonder why the snake spit it up...probably because obviously it was way to big to be digested. I wish they had a video of it being swallowed in the first place. Its insane how big snakes can stretch!

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

And it is something that she needs to put a warning for because not all people can stomach looking at something like that.
True, but as soon as they see it im sure they would stop watching it and not be upset by it. If they continue watching it and THEN complain, then thats their own fault lol.

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

Do you honestly think a snake could eat a hippo?
Of course it can. Snakes can unhinge their jaws, and their skin stretches alot. Its not a full grown hippo obviously. Did you watch the video?

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Of course it can. Snakes can unhinge their jaws, and their skin stretches alot. Its not a full grown hippo obviously. Did you watch the video?
Oh it is amazing what a snake can do. We used to have a couple of snakes and they are definitely interesting creatures. I don't want anymore, but they're interesting all the same.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we lived in Liberia for 2 years when i was a teen...we saw a snake that had swallowed a full size pig. (Did`nt see it happen....but the native Liberians saw it and were upset because it was THEIR PIG!) You could actually see the huge lump inside the snake...and it was not aggressive after it swallowed it...it just laid there hardly moving.
The snake was killed by the village folks....and they had a feast that night....roast pork...and "some other white meat" :-) (They said the snake was really good....but being American who was ued to fast food i was too squemish to try it.
Linda

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought the video almost looked like something giving birth! Took me a minute to figure out what was happening.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

have you ever seen a snake eat something really big not through a video but in real life?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have edited in a warning...sorry, pami or anyone else...i am not easily grossed out or scared of snakes so it never occurred to me this would be upsetting to anyone...i just found it very interesting what this world's creatures are capable of which is why i shared :-)

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

have you ever seen a snake eat something really big not through a video but in real life?
Not personally but stampit3d has, as she posted. She saw a snake eat a full sized pig. It IS possible lol, you cant deny that snakes can swallow giant things.

diego

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Its only nature. I wonder why the snake spit it up...probably because obviously it was way to big to be digested. I wish they had a video of it being swallowed in the first place. Its insane how big snakes can stretch!
The snake would have regurged because those people were touching it with that pole. Snakes regurge in order to escape quickly, when you have a pet one and its eaten, you aren't supposed to touch it for 2 days otherwise

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DIEGO

The snake would have regurged because those people were touching it with that pole. Snakes regurge in order to escape quickly, when you have a pet one and its eaten, you aren't supposed to touch it for 2 days otherwise
Man thats crazy lol, it took a while for him to spit that up.
How would it have digested those hippo bones?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen worse on the Discovery channel and on National Geographic channel. Komodo dragons are icky eaters!
Though I admit, maybe a better warning would have been polite to begin with?

I wonder why the snake spit it up...probably because obviously it was way to big to be digested.
Left alone and in a safe place the snake would have eventually digested it. Unfortunately, when a snakes eats a very very large meal they're pretty much defenseless afterwards, they can't fight back and they can't escape. This it why it regurgitated.
(And if you ever consider getting a lizard, they too can regurgitate their food, for much the same reasons - over eating and stress.)

How would it have digested those hippo bones?
Bones, hooves, and horns get regurgitated back up later. Like owls do with fur and bones.

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Bones, hooves, and horns get regurgitated back up later. Like owls do with fur and bones.
Aha, I thought so. That would be alot of bones to regurgitate!