Vent

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
---vent---

Remember my one friend who was keeping 2 cats in her tiny, discusting, filthy room for a week and wouldnt let them out?

Now shes keeping a foster cat in there for an unknown period of time, and shes complaining about how hot her room is...how do you think that cat feels?

She refuses to move the cat to her basement, which is much more spacious and clean...and where her other cats dont wander, but "waaaa, I dont wanna".

Grrrr.

Alot of people have suggested "why dont you help her clean her room?", and its because she wont let me, she says "Its none of your business", so its not like I can do anything about it. Im not going to burst into her house and start cleaning. Shes very stubborn.

I guess I shouldnt be complaining if I cant do anything about it, but it does tick me off.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand how frustrating this is for you. What I don't understand is if she can't provide quality care for her current cats, why is she taking on more? Instead of 'accusing' her.. have you sat down and talked to her about it? Maybe there's SOMETHING- anything that she will let you help do! It's got to be tough remaining friends with someone like that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has 2 of her own cats...of course THEY get to wander the house and do whatever they want. Her moms friend gave her a cat to take care of for the time being (however long that is), and shes keeping it in her room which I find TOTALLY wrong to do. Ive talked to her about it before, but it gets her mad at me because its "none of my buisness" and "the cat doesnt care". She has a litter box and food in her room for the cat (no idea where it all fits), but I dont think its good to keep a cat locked in a tiny, filthy, HOT room without letting it out AT ALL. Shes only 14 years old though
but I think she should take care of that cat just how she takes care of her own cats.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And she's your friend?? It's bad enough how she treats her cats,but telling you it's none of your business??? But I'm confused...where are 'her' cats? Are they the same two that were in the room to start with? If she's only 14 where are her parents? If they allow her to do that,then all the complaining,coaxing,giving advice,etc. probably won't mean a thing, unless you talk to the parents.

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

And she's your friend?? It's bad enough how she treats her cats,but telling you it's none of your business??? But I'm confused...where are 'her' cats? Are they the same two that were in the room to start with? If she's only 14 where are her parents? If they allow her to do that,then all the complaining,coaxing,giving advice,etc. probably won't mean a thing, unless you talk to the parents.
The 2 cats she was babysitting are gone...that was only for a week and that was a while ago. But she has 2 family cats that roam the house and do whatever they want, and I feel bad for this new cat she is fostering temporarily because hes locked in a tiny, dirty, hot room and she wont let him out. And her parents wont care, they know where the cat is, they probably agree because its not interfering with their other cats.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there any way you and/or your husband could talk to her parents. They may be more open to listening to another adult's advice?

roimata

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Is there any way you and/or your husband could talk to her parents. They may be more open to listening to another adult's advice?
Honestly, that seems like a bit much. It would seem kind of odd to go to her house and order to speak with her parents....that wouldnt go down to well lol. Im not trying make excuses, but I know her
, and I know how things roll over there. I mostly posted this just to get things off my chest. I just hope she doesnt have that cat for long.

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roimata

Honestly, that seems like a bit much. It would seem kind of odd to go to her house and order to speak with her parents....that wouldnt go down to well lol. Im not trying make excuses, but I know her
, and I know how things roll over there. I mostly posted this just to get things off my chest. I just hope she doesnt have that cat for long.
But you do it so well..

If she is fostering a cat for a shelter or something you need to report it. If it's just someone's cat that she's keeping till it finds a home, as her friend, you are in a position to do something about it. It sounds like she's not much of a friend anyhow, what do you have to lose?