anniversary ideas for my husband?

thh20

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to think of gift ideas for my husband... we're coming up on our 1st wedding anniversary in a few weeks, and I kinda blew his surprise to me (it was an accident, I swear! he has his ring engraved "GL
AL") so I'd like to get something for him, too. We're going to Niagara Falls for our anniversary, so any ideas in the neighbourhood would be great! I was thinking of a trip on the Maid of the Mist, but by looking at the pictures, it looks pretty crowded, and I would like to do something in the evening... you know... something romantic...

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww well I hope you have a lovely trip and a fabulous anniversary - I'm not from that area, so cant offer any suggestions, but maybe your hotel can give you some ideas - just a thought

Have a great time !!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I assume you'll be on the Canada side in Niagra Falls. It's been a few years since I've been there. The Maid of the Mist is a lot of fun, but it is crowded and defintely not romantic. We did a behind-the-falls tour while we were there, too, which was cool.

I don't know what your husband likes, but I though of a few more potentially romantic ideas:
A dinner cruise
Dinner at a nice restaurant
Tickets to a show (I think that Cirque has a show up there now)
A winery tour

The best evening we had in Niagra Falls we ended up going to some of the wax museums there. They're cheesy and touristy, and we had such a fun, funny time at them. It ended up being oddly romantic for us because we just had so much fun laughing together.

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For our first anniversary, I made my husband a nice calendar with pictures of us for each month (I do scrapbooking)...he loved it. We typically don't get presents for each other for anniversaries....we're coming up on 4 years here on July 19th...I think we'll just go out to dinner.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Isadora44

For our first anniversary, I made my husband a nice calendar with pictures of us for each month (I do scrapbooking)...he loved it. We typically don't get presents for each other for anniversaries....we're coming up on 4 years here on July 19th...I think we'll just go out to dinner.

We tend not to give pressies either. We try to view everyday as an anniversary and each one is special.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Give him some pre-printed (or homemade ones) of "Love Coupons". Go in Spencer's for the coupon book and also see if there are any sexy games you'd like to try out.

Suggest a "mutual massage" for each other in candlelight. Warning: massages almost always lead to "you know what"
(at least ours do)

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Give him some pre-printed (or homemade ones) of "Love Coupons". Go in Spencer's for the coupon book and also see if there are any sexy games you'd like to try out.

Suggest a "mutual massage" for each other in candlelight. Warning: massages almost always lead to "you know what"
(at least ours do)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Niagara Falls. Me and my boyfriend went there in February and got a room with a jaccuzi and sat in it and had some wine...it was fun. It's my 5th anniversary with him on Tuesday and I got him a wallet and a book. Nothing romantic but he liked it (I gave it to him early because he snoops).

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... that Maid of the Mist ride is something I've always wanted to do, so that would be my vote! Maybe the romantic part of it could happen afterward...?

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

(at least ours do)
There's actually a book... erm... 101 nights of romance.. or.. well, let me look it up real quick..

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.amazon.com/101-Nights-Grr.../dp/0962962821

and then there's this one: http://www.amazon.com/Coupons-Coupon...969551-2442435

Although, personally, and it depends a little on how daring you are.. I'd take him on a "mist" tour, or something that you'd need a raincoat for, then go to dinner afterwards, and put your coat on... tell him you need to slip into the bathroom really fast before you leave the restaurant, and then go take off everything but the very slinky lingerie (preferably stockings and garter belt..), put your raincoat back on, and then let him help you off with your coat once you're back at the hotel room.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Order room service and have them send food, champagne, srawberries and a can od whip cream.

You can add the whip cream to, ummmmm, the strawberries. or..........

Just walk out of the bathroom naked, and say honey, whats for dinner?

Then both of you force yourselfs to eat naked and just well be naked, see what happens. My DH and I do that once a month now. We did it on our 1st anniversery. Its amazing how close you feel after spending an entire evening naked. There can no longer be anything that comes between you. Especialy after watching a naked guy open a champagne bottle

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe, my ex *loved* this... to the point that he's PO'd some of his newer girlfriends by talking about how awesome it was. He still brings it up when I saw him, or... rather, did the last time I saw him.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
How about putting together/buying a gourmet picnic basket, and enjoying it while watching the light show on the Falls?