Update on the fosters we had and pictures of the new ones...

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope I'm putting this in the right area, because the last time I gave an update it got moved, so hoping I'm right.
If not, feel free to move it. I get confused sometimes when I'm giving an update plus adding pictures.

Gaia, Phoebe, and Athena have found homes.
Gaia and Phoebe went together which was nice. It was really strange with Athena. An older couple showed up at our house yesterday. They had been sent out here by our local animal shelter. They had recently lost their 15yr old cat to cancer and were looking for a kitten. Anyway, after talking to them for quite some time, we felt really good about them, so we showed them Thalia and then Athena. They instantly fell in love with Athena, and took her home. They knew that she was still young and that she had been weaned from the bottle but was still on wet food. They know that if there are any problems whatsoever, then bring her back here. We felt good about them and the shelter wouldn't send just anyone to our home. As a matter of fact, they had never done that before.

Moving on to the new fosters. Before we took in Reyah and Hera, we had been talking to a lady about her cats, Lucy and Zoe. Since Lucy and Zoe were in a good home, we decided to rescue Hera and Reyah instead, since they were in danger of euthanasia through the shelter. Anyway time had passed and I had told my husband just the other day that I hoped the lady had found a home for her girls. Oddly enough, I got an email from the lady...

I am so sorry to be bothering you folks, but I have to ask. Do you know
Anyone who would take Zoe and/or Lucy? I have had no other leads and my
Husband is seriously talking about taking them to the shelter by Friday. He
Is right that we can no longer keep them, but I cannot handle the thought of
Them being scared in cages and then being put down, which is realisticly
What would happen to them. I have tried all of the no-kill shelters that I
Know of and they are all full and not accepting any more animals. Help!
Any ideas?

Thank you for any ideas that you might share.
Needless to say, my husband read that and they're here. Poor lady. She did not want to let them go. She started crying while she was here. She brought everything of theirs and even gave us $20 for taking them. I told her that more than likely we won't keep them, but I could guarantee that they would not step one paw in the shelter. She's happy with that, because she knows that we'll take care of them. If they don't get adopted, then they have a home with us. Here they are...

This is Zoe. She's 2yrs old, already spayed, and UTD on vaccines. I'm not normally a tabby person, but I think she's a really pretty girl.

Accidentally missed her tail in this picture:

This is Lucy. She's 4yrs old, already spayed, and UTD on vaccines. As you know, we have a soft spot for Torties. I think she's unusual with her orange face, since most Torties have more black on their faces. This is one huge girl! I don't know if Reyah and Hera together would make one of her.

OH...just had to share with these pics. Here is our new cat tree for the cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

They are both beautiful

I'm so glad you were able to help them. Why couldn't the lady keep them?
Typical excuse. Had a human baby and going back to work, so no time for them.
I don't like that excuse, but I hear it frequently. I just don't buy it, because no I don't work, but I have a 10 month old baby, 4 dogs, 5 cats (now, counting the 2 of them), a husband, a writing class, therapy visits that I do with one of our dogs, plus cooking, laundry, and keeping a clean house. If I can fit all of that into a day, taking the time to spend with each of them individually, then why can't someone take the time for 2 cats? I just didn't want to see these 2 sweet girls go to the shelter. We're in the heart of kitten season and they would get more than likely get overlooked because of the kittens, so the chances of them getting euthanized were pretty high.