Tomato paste in Fromms?

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I received a free sample can of the Fromms beef entree, but when I looked at the ingredients, it listed tomato paste as the 4th or 5th ingredient. I thought cats couldn't have tomato?

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed Wellness canned and it also has Tomato Pommace. Supposedly it's good for them. I've never hear that tomatoes were bad for kitties... but if it's in premium cat food, I'm assuming it's good for them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
GREEN parts of tomatos are posionous ... IE stem leaveds stalk

Tomato paste does scare me a touch since it could be the whole thing ground .. pumace is basically the skin

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

GREEN parts of tomatos are posionous ... IE stem leaveds stalk

Tomato paste does scare me a touch since it could be the whole thing ground .. pumace is basically the skin
Thanks as always for clearing it up sharky!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure it would be ok, but I think I will pass on feeding it to Riley. Don't want to take any chances with my boy

Thanks!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TickyTat

WOW! If that's true, why would they put it in high-quality cat food?
No doubt for the same reason they put garlic in high-quality cat food.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I'm sure it would be ok, but I think I will pass on feeding it to Riley. Don't want to take any chances with my boy
Thanks for starting this thread. I have a sample can from them also, and I wasn't sure if I should feed it to them or not. Now, I know this is one food they won't be trying.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

No doubt for the same reason they put garlic in high-quality cat food.
How very true. who knows why they do these things. I don't feed wellness either because of the garlic.

Riley is eating Merricks wet. I hope there is nothing with it that I don't know about!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also want to pass on, that a couple people over on the About.com Cats forum have cats that are throwing up the current batch of Fromm's.

My cats don't like tomato flavor. We tried Fromm's and they didn't like it. They always hated the Nutro gourmet flavors with tomato.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grr....I hope the Fromms works for Damita! I just bought a bag of the dry duck & canned beef, too. I've got nothing else I can really feed her without her being sick. Hopefully it works for her.

G

ghostuser

My cat never had a problem with Fromm. He didn't like the dry, and the beef cans he would only lick the gravy, though. He loves the tuna. I've been trying to get the chicken, but haven't been able to so far. The rescue kittens at work inhaled the leftover beef cans I let them have, though, meat and all.

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
from what i've heard, cherry tomatoes are bad for them...i can't remember the link where i saw it though...