itching til red and bald

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, firstly, I'm calling his vet at 8am and trying to get Luxor seen TODAY. But he's previously been on anti-inflammatory for itching before. His bloodwork has shown elevated allergens......

now he has just developed a red, raw, hairless sore patch just under his chin.

I'm going to remove his water fountain today for a while and see if it's the plastic that's making him itch......

but, does anyone else know of something that it could be? I mean, I suppose it could be fleas. But I think it's highly unlikely. We haven't changed dish soap, laundry soap or my soap or his food so I don't think it's those either.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm doubting it's the water dish unless he has bad cat acne. His chin would look like it has dirt in the hair. It could very well be allergies. One of my parents dogs will itch his skin right off if he isn't on allergy meds certian times of the year. Also, I wouldn't think it was fleas either unless he is scratching and biting elsewhere. Good luck! I'm glad you are having the vet check him out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i called the vet and she said to put a little dab of neosporin on the patch and if it hasn't started to look alot better then i could be seen on monday.

he definitely doesn't have acne. i have a feeling it's allergies......

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Luxor. There is the possibility of the plastic, Damtia gets an itchy chin from plastic fountains. Otherwise, allergies seem likely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so i should use just enough neosporin to cover the wound but not to make it goopy right? i want it to absorb as quick as possible without him scratching it off right?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

so i should use just enough neosporin to cover the wound but not to make it goopy right? i want it to absorb as quick as possible without him scratching it off right?
It doesn't need to be goopy. You also can watch him to see if he is rubbing something that might be irritating it. Much likes to rub
everything and we've found somethings like boxes causes her problems.