Feeding 2 x kitties

holmesy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi People,

We have 2 x kittens (sisters) and they are 12 weeks old now.

They don;t seem to be eating much. I feed them half a pouch in the morning / afternoon and evening between them and it doesn;t seem very much to me? They don;t even eat it all, its as if they lick it dry and eat all the jelly. They rarely touch it.

If i put down dry food, they gobble that up..........

Is this normal?

Thanks

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girls used to do that when they were kittens until i changed brands, but Jack my 11 week old kitten eats all his wet food.

As long as their still eating their dry it should be fine, but make sure theres always a bowl of water beside it.

bruce&sheila

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you feeding them the same wet food that they were used to before you got them?

You could try varying their wet diet. We are trying to give our kittens a wide variety of wet kitten foods so that they don't get fussy, but they do have their preferences!

I'm sure Rosiemac is right in saying that if they're eating their dry, there's nothing to worry about, but IMO it's worth persevering with wet as well, while they're still young and impressionable!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

holmesy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i think i might try some other brand then tonight when i get home and see how they get on with that.

i gave them a little bit of tuna last night from a tin and that went down very well, that was all gone very quickly. I am right though in thinking tin tuna should not be given a lot, only as treat now and again......

can anyone recomend any decent dry food aswell as if they are only eating this i want ti to be good for them. I am currently mixing between the 'go cat' and the 'wiskas kitten dry food'

Thanks

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by holmesy

can anyone recomend any decent dry food aswell as if they are only eating this i want ti to be good for them. I am currently mixing between the 'go cat' and the 'wiskas kitten dry food'
Do a search on the forum and you should come up with tons and tons of thread on good quality of dry foods. Off the top of my head some of the popular ones are Felidae, Nutro, Wellness, Innova, Merrick.